Chapter Thirteen: Sams Pack

Sams Pack

Scoffing I crossed my arms over my chest, ignoring how uncomfortable it felt. "Yes, because I'm supposed to know that my stalker vampire came back to pay me a visit. I mean, what was I thinking by not calling you or Jared or even your newest member that you have yet to introduce me to!" I snapped, feeling annoyed as I turned my head away from Sam.

It wasn't like I knew at that time who I was running to see outside. And I wasn't about to tell Sam that I thought it was Jasper or he'd get even more upset then he already was. It took him only a few hours before he showed up at Charlies house but seeing as my dad was home and I had school to get to, the male couldn't very well try and confront me there.

After school I had work at the gas station. Well, someone called in sick and I was my manages last hope of not having to spend all day there. And I knew Sam wouldn't try to talk about vampires there as he didn't know who would be trying to listen to the conversation.

Thus, it took him three days before he finally managed to get me alone. Bella was at home with Geoffrey, watching him while still acting like a zombie who was only going through the motions. Dad was still working, seeing as he had paperwork that he had been trying to put off for as long as he could. And Mike, poor Mike, had to work so I couldn't use him as an excuse either.

"That's what you're supposed to do. Do you know how it felt when Jared found the scent lead to your house, seeing you just standing there unsure if something had happened to you before he got there. He didn't even know where the scent was leading until that moment!" Sam snapped back at me.

"I'm alive aren't I! I didn't realize I was supposed to report every move I made to you, Sam. My bad for not thinking, 'Oh, before I go outside I should call Sam and make sure it's not some deranged vampire stalker'. It wouldn't have mattered anyways." I replied, not looking back at him as he let out a sigh.

"You don't have to tell me everything, Lilies." He said sounding like he was struggling with his emotions and what to say. "If that scent had belonged to one of the Cullen's, with them coming back we wouldn't have been able to do anything. It's their land that we're on now and if they decide to come back we can't protect you or Bella."

I felt guilt spin in my stomach as I glanced at him.

"I know. I'm sorry." I said looking at the ground. "I didn't think that he came back. I don't even know the vampires name, Sam. I don't know what he wants me with. He's had more then a handful of chances to hurt me yet he hasn't. But he's planning something."

"I'll protect you, Lilies. It's my job to protect you." Sam promised as he lifted my head up so that I would meet his eyes. "He won't put a finger on you or anyone else in that house. I won't let him."

"How can you say that? There might be three of you and one of him but he managed to avoid the whole Cullen family before." I said searching for answers that I knew he wouldn't have. "They weren't able to do anything so what makes you think you'll be able to?"

"Because if anything happened to you, Renee it would drive me crazy. You don't have anything to fear. It's my job to make sure nothing happens to you." Nodding I stepped forward wrapped my arms around him. "Besides the thought of you never forgiving for letting something happen helps."

Chuckling I shook my head.

"I would eventually forgive you. I don't hold grudges forever." I said my lips twitching into a smile.

"Yes you do." Sam's chest vibrated as he said that. "You're not an easy person to get forgiveness from."

"Can I finally meet the rest of the pack?" I asked, pulling back so that I could see his face. "I promise not to punch any of them."

Sam let out a sigh as he shook his head. "I'm not worried about you... why would you punch one of them?" He asked, his face showing confusion.

"Jared stole my coffee the last time I saw him and the piece of cake I was slowly working on." I smiled up at him. "How did you not know about that? It was less then a week ago. Something about me being the only who knew about you guys and having sweets to go with it. I mean, Kim knows but I'm guess her parents wouldn't want a bunch of guys at her house." I mumbled, before shaking my head as I got off point.

"I'm going to kill that kid." Sam said as I waited for his answer. "Paul... he's not able to control his anger like the rest of us. It's not a good idea for you to meet him until he get's it under-control."

Pulling myself out of his arms I rubbed the back of my neck with my good hand.

"Er, well I would agree but it's already to late." His frown deepened at my words. "I might've invited Jared to my house and told him to bring, er Paul?, with him when he came. There's a game on tonight so my dad plans to watch that and I figured because there were already so many people coming over why not just throw a party?" I said watching the different emotions that passed on it face before it settled on one.

"What am I going to do with you?" He mumbled shaking his head at me.

"So does that mean you're coming?" I asked bouncing on my feet. "Cause if that's the case I still need to tell Charlie about my plans. A hour notice isn't bad, right?"

Sam nodded his head even though it didn't look like he was too keen on the idea.

"Fine, but the first sign of Paul or Jared getting angry, we're out of there." Sam said as I clapped my hands together. "Can you at least give me more of a notice next time? I'm supposed to be the one looking after them."

"Well, Jared was going to but I told him to leave it to me and that was four days ago." I mumbled, once again rubbing the back of my neck. "Anyways, I'll call dad on the way to the store. I'll just cook a bunch of hot-dogs for tonight."