Chapter Seven: Stone Cold Vampire

Stone Cold Vampire

The next morning came faster then I had wanted it to. I knew sooner or later I would have to face my sister and Edward. Sooner or later I would have to face the Cullen's once again but how could I?

Nightmares had haunted my dreams but they were different. These I knew were only a mixture of my imagination. These had Jasper with his cold black eyes and grisly snarls that vibrated from deep within his chest. These had me being hunted by the vampire that I came to think of as a friend.

Sam had drove me back home knowing that Charlie was worried from all the messages that he had left on my phone. He knew he couldn't protect me in Forks as long as the Cullen's lived in the town. He said it had to do with the treaty and it being their part of the land.

Bella was already in the house and in her room, either sleeping or talking to Edward as the vampire hide from my fathers eyes. My father on the other hand waited in the living room filled with worry that something had happened to me. He had expected me to be only a few minutes behind Bella not hours.

Running a hand through my tangled hair I started my day with a heavy feeling in my chest. I found clothing that Geoffrey could wear that day as he moved around in his crib. I didn't know how my son could've possible get up before me and look like he was full of so much energy.

I only hoped that the sitter wouldn't have too much trouble with him that day.

"Let's go get something to eat." I said smiling down at him before picking him up and pulling him out of his crib.

Maybe it was time to see about a toddlers bed. One of these days he'll be too heavy for me to pull him out of the crib. Shaking my head to get rid of such thoughts I made my way down the stairs finding it empty and otherwise quiet.

Sitting Geoffrey into his highchair and making sure that he couldn't get out of it I started moving around the kitchen to get him something to eat and drink. Pulling a bowl down and filling it with cheerios I sat it in front of my son before filling up one of his sippy cup's with some milk. Putting it down in front of him next I sat at the table as well, watching as he eat his food and played with it.

There was a knock at the door that had me leaving the kitchen. Opening the door I stepped back to allow the male into the house. The male flashed me a grin as he pulled his scarf and coat off before rubbing his hands together.

"I don't usually get to see you, Miss Swan." He said as I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

"I've told you to call me Lily, time after time." I said leading him to the kitchen. "I gave him cheerios but feel free to have some for yourself if you haven't already eaten. We're low on juice at that moment but there's kool-aid packages somewhere in here. You have my number if something happens and you need me."

This male was John Masters, a boy that was a few years older then me. He lived at his parents house, taking care of his sick mother while his father worked to make ends. I had asked around looking for a babysitter for Geoffrey as I started my own job and had somehow managed to find John looking to help his father out with the bills.

I couldn't give him much for his aid but I tried to make it as responsible as I could. While my priority was my son I made sure that John was still able to help his mother if he needed to. I didn't know what type of illness she had or how serious it was but I let the older male know that if his mother was ever too sick and he couldn't watch Geoffrey too just let me know, even if it was at the last minute.

Unexpected things could happen at any moment. Things that we were never prepared for.

"You don't have to worry about anything. Geoffrey is a joy and doesn't cause me any problems while you're gone." I raised an eyebrow at that as I wondered if we were talking about the same toddler. "Shouldn't you be getting to school?"