Chapter 4: Facing The Music

I apologise for the extremely unimaginative name for this chapter but it's nearly three in the morning and I'm tired

Here is chapter four, two more will be posted tonight. Hopefully seven will be written tomorrow. Things are gonna start getting interesting real soon, hopefully.....

----------------------------------------------

KATES POV

Slowly, I swivelled and met Ashley's deep brown eyes with my own.

"hey, ash, where the hell have you been man?" Jake exclaimed from behind me.

"Ashley was a little busy up until now, weren't you, Purdy?" jinxx taunted, poking me in the back. I flashed him a vicious glare in return.

"oh, you picked up a chick, did you?" CC said, completely missing Jinxx's pointed glances at me.

Jinxx guffawed. "not just any girl, right andy?"

"Shut UP, Jinxx" Andy snarled. Ooh, we've only been reunited for about two hours and he's already gone all "protective older brother" on me twice. I couldn't decide whether to be annoyed, amused or flattered.

"What?" CC and Jake looked between Andy and Ashley. you could practically see the cogs turning in their little brains as they tried to work it out. Jake got there first, and his eyes shot to me. When our eyes met, one glance was all he needed to know the truth. I smiled sheepishly at him, and he began hooting with laughter. Pretty soon, Jinxx joined him, and the two of them gripped each other, practically doubled over as waves of mirth ripped through them.

At this stage, poor CC was lost, but he was desperately trying to get in on the joke.

"What? What's so funny? Guys, what is it? C'mon, someone help Me out here. Kate, any chance of an explanation?"

CC's eyes pleaded with me. Now, I don't know if you've ever been on the receiving end of a puppy dog stare, but it's pretty damn hard to ignore. Once CC's big brown eyes had met mine, I knew I had to explain it to him.

I smiled sweetly at him. "well, you see Christian, when Mr. Purdy was out at a bar last night, we met up, and both of us were very drunk. We ended up having sex last night, and I woke up this morning at Ashley's apartment. Now, all of this was fine until my dear brother here showed up to pick Ashley up, only to find me, his long lost sister, hungover and eating pancakes with one of the biggest players in California. As you can imagine, it came as quite a shock to him, and i'd imagine it's probably best you don't laugh right now, or trust me, I will ensure you will never be able to reproduce ever again"

CC's eyes grew wide with shock as he tried to digest all I had said.

"Oh. Right. okay. So that's...right"

He slowly began backing away from me, hands protecting his groin.

Suddenly, a short stocky man with a ginger beard poked his head through the door that I'm guessing led to the Hot Topic store where the his would be doing their meet and greet.

"sorry to interrupt, but Boys, it's time to go"

"Sure, John." Andy said quickly "hey, Kate, this is our manager John. John, this is my baby sister Kate"

"Kate, hey" John smiled in a friendly way "nice to meet you, I've heard a lot about you. now listen, you're welcome to sit with the boys during the meet and greet, just don't cause any trouble"

"pfft, me? Cause trouble? I think you'll learn that I am a VERY good girl. Isn't that right, ashley?" I shot a wink over my shoulder at Ashley. I heard Jake snort.

John looked at me, slightly confused, before shrugging and beckoning for us to follow him.

I let Andy out before me, and we walked in silence until I felt a strong hand grab my upper arm. I turned around to find Ashley's face inches from mine.

"Don't think you've gotten away with this. We need to talk after the meet and greet"

I glared at him. "we have nothing to discuss"

I angrily pulled out of his grasp and stormed down the hall after my brother. If he thinks he can put his hands on me and tell me what "we" need to do, he's got another thing coming.