Chapter Three

James sat in his plump office chair, glaring at Mitchell. He was trembling over his Alpha's menacing gaze, but it was deserved. Melanie stood behind James, her hand resting on his shoulder in an attempt to calm him, but it wasn't working. He was angry.

"Explain. Now!" James growled, his powerful voice echoing through the office.

Mitchell shivered, the power of the Alpha flowing through his bloodstream. He looked up at the Alpha, his light blue eyes filled with fear.

"I-I..." He stuttered, unable to fathom words. He cleared his throat, before looking into the storming eyes of his Alpha. "There's a rumour."

Melanie's eyes flashed. "You're basing your theory of an innocent she-wolf over one rumour?!"

"The rumour is that of the disappearance of the Moon Pack." Mitchell said, and James leaned back – the Alpha was curious at the mention of the all-powerful pack.

"The Moon Pack was wiped out ten years ago." James stated, his eyes dimming slightly.

Mitchell shook his head. "Wiped out by a lone wolf with fur like silver..."

Melanie snapped her head to James. "The she-wolf has a silver coat."

James rested his forearms against the armrests on his chair, Melanie's tense fingers on his shoulders. "Are you saying that the she-wolf wiped out the entire Moon Pack? The Moon Pack was the most powerful pack, next to the Royals, maybe even more powerful... One wolf?"

Mitchell nodded his head. "Yes Alpha."

"Yet this is based off a rumour." Melanie snarled. James turned around to face her, the cogs of his mind swirling in his eyes. James thought back to what Melanie and Mitchell had reported to him.

"She's powerful, Mitchell felt it and so did you Melanie, and you're a Luna... It could refer to how she wiped out that pack." James said, running a hand through his golden stumps of hair.

"We don't even know if it was her or not!" Melanie cried but she saw James's eyes harden. His decision was made whether or not she had a say.

"I swear on my life Luna, this is the same wolf." Mitchell vowed. "The description is the exact same."

James snapped his head to Mitchell with sparkling light slit eyes of his Alpha wolf, like storm clouds dispersing in time for the eye of the thunder. "If this is the wrong wolf, then your life will end, do you understand?"

Mitchell shivered at his tone but he nodded, baring his neck in submission. The single movement of his head sealed his fate.

James looked down upon his Beta. "Then it's settled. We're leaving the silver wolf – if she really wiped out the Moon Pack, she's where she belongs. Trapped." He ordered, and both Melanie and Mitchell bowed their heads at the order.

The brunette child, Isabella, backed away from the Alpha's office door slowly, the information she just heard alarmed her. Her green eyes watered, knowing the outcome. They were leaving the big wolf who understood her.

Isabella ran down the stairs of the pack house, careful not to make her footfalls obvious to the Alpha and Luna behind the office doors. The brunette girl rounded a corner, running into her best friend. He had golden hair tickling his ears and bright blue eyes that gleamed with mischief. When he saw Isabella, he smiled with his missing tooth.

"Hey Isabella!" He said, ignoring the others that were in front of him... the popular kids of the Silverwood Pack. Outside of Isabella's friendship group, she was an outcast for being a mere orphan.