Chapter Fourteen

Some nutter lit fireworks at one in the morning in my neighbourhood, waking all the dogs. Guess who was awake for the next hour? Me. 

Did I write a new edited chapter of BCG while wide awake? Yes I did. 

Hope you all enjoy, let me know what you think as always! 

Libby x 

~

Marie sat down in Lorraine's chair when the snarls had died down, Elliot had almost ripped the arm rests off his own. Thalia was still in shock, frozen, and the king stood up. His dark eyes narrowed on Marie, vicious.

"How did this happen, rogue?" He spat, voice low and grating.

"He works at a clinic a few towns over, one the zoo's always used to treat the animals if they're having a big assessment." Marie explained, not liking his tone of voice. "They have doctors and nurses on sight, specialists, for the arachnids or the reptiles, the birds, the smaller creatures. But we call in Doctor Gray's clinic when we need someone to help with the giraffes - he also does a visual assessment on Willow, but never goes into her enclosure."

"So how did a hunter get in?" Stran sneered. "If a hunter can get in, we can easily do so. We should use my plan of a VIP tour, break out the wolf, and everything will calm down by next week."

Marie leaned forward onto the table, glaring at the alpha. "That hunter is a trained veterinarian who works at Gray's clinic. Our usual vet, Jade, hasn't worked there in the few years between Willow's visual assessments so Griffin climbed the ranks. He's the head vet, so when Delilah called the clinic asking for the head vet, we were expecting Jade and got him."

"So we can forge our documents and go-"

"If you honestly think you can forge several years of veterinary knowledge and a proper identification badge and years of training with wild animals, you're an idiot." Marie said bluntly. Stran's face reddened and swelled like a balloon in rage, eyes narrowing to slits and is nose flared. He was about to bellow his hatred of the rogue when the queen leaned forward.

"What else did he do to Willow?" She asked.

"He would have checked her weight," Marie recited, "and the state of her teeth and muscle mass. Ultrasounds on the state of her organs, if she's ready for a litter-"

Elliot snarled, eyes glowing as his rage coursed violently through him. Thalia laid a hand on his arm to try and soothe her brother as his body trembled at the idea of the zoo breeding his mate like a dog.

Marie's green eyes softened for a moment. "Willow won't let anyone near her, let alone a wild wolf." She almost smiled at the idea of them trying to breed her. "She'd hurt them before they had the chance."

"Then she risks being put down, does she not?" Thalia frowned.

"Willow knows when she's crossing the line." Marie sighed, running a hand through her blonde locks. "The zoo knows she has 'violent tendencies' and they won't try provoking her."

"And yet they've given her a vet check up from a hunter." James spoke up, sneering at his niece. "You failed to stop that, will you stop the zoo when they try to breed the wolf too?."

Marie narrowed her eyes but Elliot spoke before she could. "Do not lecture Marie about helping my mate. She tried - you were a coward and gave up as soon as you had the chance." His voice was low and threatening, reminding James just how much the royals trusted him. All of them looked at him with disdain.

Marie lifted her chin. "The one good thing out of this is that the hunters are in the same position as we are."

"How do you mean?" Thalia asked, wondering about the state of her mate and his comrades.