Mistakes Were Made

Chapter Three

"Come in, but be quiet and don't tell Alissa.." Banks commanded in an ominous tone.  She nodded her head confidently in approval and followed as he led her to his room.

"So I never asked but why did you call me over?" She inquired as she placed her hand onto his shoulder. "What's going on?"

"It's pathetic," Ricky sighed. "I watched a movie without her and she got all offended." He rolled his eyes as he completed his statement.

"The Notebook," she flatly said which caught Bank's attention while nodding her head. "Never watch that movie without her. But I'm assuming she's already told you that?"

His face immediately plastered a feeling of guilt, which she noticed quickly.

"Let's get your mind over it then," she offered comfortingly. "Snap chat?" He nodded his head in response and smiled.

*Ding*

Alissa glanced at her phone. "New snap stories by Banks," she rolled her eyes and slipped her phone back into her back pocket. Jake didn't say anything, only watching as she groaned in annoyance.

"Shit!" Jake complained as he timer went off. "I'm needed for set in a hour, and I need to get home to get ready. I'm sorry, I'll bring you home though."

"That's not necessary," she declined, but he wasn't taking no for an answer. He took a hold of her hand, but not forcefully. Alissa smiled as she looked down at the sight, and so did Jake, but that she didn't see.

"And here we are..."

"Alissa, I'll walk in with you, okay?" He promised after detecting her sign of nervousness. She bit her bottom lip nervously but shot him a hopeful smile and went with it.

"Oh no!" Alissa yelped as thoughts filled her brain. "I need to feed the dogs but they are in our room."

"Come on." He grabbed her hand and led her up the stairs. "Stay by my side, okay?"

"Oh my god!" She bursted out in laughter and Banks mirrored her actions. They stared deep into each other's eyes, her leaning in first. Banks backed up, unsure of what consequences he would face.

"I-I'm sorry!" She apologized meaningfully, looking down. "I'm a fool."

He stared at her, almost scanning her. But as he was, all he could think about was Alissa, and that only angered him as he remembered. He moved her face back to his direction, and soon found his lips on hers.

"Ready?" Jake confirmed. "Don't make any eye contact with him if you don't want to," he reminded and gripped the doorknob, revealing the truth. Alissa gasped in horror, bringing herself to do something she was uncertain if she would soon regret.

She rushed towards Banks and slapped him across her face, red marks forming along his cheeks. Tears swelled in her eyes, unable to keep them from spilling. She darted out of his room, in hopes he would never show his face back here again. Chantel on the other hand, witnessed it all, and horror lurked deep within her eyes.

Jake chased after Alissa, picking up his speed each time Alissa grew faster from the emotions that fumed inside her. Until Alissa gave up, dragging her back down a wall.

Chantel took matters into her own hands. Sure, one got slapped, but there was something missing. She invited herself through the door of his room and smacked the girl harshly on her cheek just as Alissa had done.

"You're going to regret that forever," Chantel growls at Banks and exits. Banks only sat there, sobbing, with his hands covering his face.

"GET OUT!!" He roars directly to the girl who obeys in fear and later cries in the bathroom privately.

Alissa hoisted herself onto her feet after noticing the chaos that occurred above her, not wanting be part of it. She steps foot outside, but before she could slam the door behind her, she acknowledged a familiar figure.

"Chantel..." Alissa didn't even look at Chantel as she spoke, incapable of locking eyes with anyone. Chantel was standing on the staircase but even after opening her mouth her voice was barely audible. She didn't dare to hurt her friend worse than the damage that's already been done.

It's no use, Chantel thought. The truth will never be unspoken, and that she must face.

"Alissa.... it was-"