Chapter 32

After I was discharged, I was taken home. Jake had been missing since that day. The police was still looking for him. There was no trace of him anywhere. Alex had sworn to punish him once he tracked him down.

Alex never left me for a moment since. He moved temporarily into my room as he wanted to stay with me 24x7. He had been sleeping on the couch. That night, I tried to remember what had happened. I remembered how Jake had attempted to rape me. And then everything became a blur. I tried to think harder. I remembered a voice I had heard in the darkness. Katherine Hayden, I love you. Was it a dream or did Alex really say that?

“Did you say something, while I was gone?”

“Nothing that you don’t know of.” He smiled coyly.

“Don’t tease me. Look at my condition. Have some pity on me and stop your mind games.”

“Ok.” He leaned in and whispered in my ear. “I love you.”

A sweet moan escaped my throat as I felt his warm breaths upon my neck. He started kissing my neck passionately. “Keep saying.” I rushed my fingers to tear down the buttons of his shirt. I was not going to let him control me. I pushed him down, with me above him. “Who is the boss now?” I smirked. He pushed the hair falling over my face behind my ear and pulled me closer to him. He kissed me hard and long. It was the perfect kiss. My lips burnt but I would give anything to have those lips over mine. I could feel our heartbeats racing at the same time. My grip loosened and all my control melted.

Suddenly we heard a knock. I groaned with displeasure. Although we had decided not to go all the way for now, couldn’t we have little private moments? We had decided that we weren’t ready to take our relationship to the next level for now.

Alex rushed to throw on a new shirt. I settled my hair in a bun. We opened the door.

It was Jane. She quickly let herself in. “Did I disturb anything here?” She laughed, noticing our slight frowns.

“No, you’re always welcome here.” I hugged her. “So what’s up? It’s the middle of the night.”

“Oh, I just decided I want to get married this Sunday.”

“Sunday? That’s like two days from now. What’s the hurry? We haven’t had any preparations yet.” I looked at Alex to support me.

“It’s mom and dad’s anniversary this Sunday.” Alex spoke.

“Yes. What could be a better day? You are going to be my maid of honor. I asked Tyler to send out the invitations. It would be a small wedding. Of course, the media will be there so I better look good.” She winked.

“Can’t we postpone this Jane? I mean I know how special the day is but it hasn’t been a week since Katy has been out of the hospital. I don’t know if she can handle the pressure.” Alex said.

“Speak for yourself. Of course I wouldn’t miss your wedding for the world. It would be exactly how you want.”

Jane hugged me. “You’re the best.”

**************************

The next two days were spent ransacking every top designer’s spring collection. Jane didn’t seem to settle for any one dress. She was like a confused, fussy kid at the candy store. I picked out a rosy pink full-length, off-shoulder gown for myself. Jane had commented that it was ‘too traditional’ but I have always been fond of Cinderella gowns. The wedding was going to be held at the church while the dinner was at the mansion. Alex and I had planned to gift Jane and Tyler a beach facing house on exotic islands of Chiloé. It was going to be a surprise. Everyone was excited for the wedding the next day.

{ Vote if you liked what you read. It is a great motivation for me. I'll love you forever. Leave your comments down below to let me know what you think, and add it to your reading list/follow me so you don't miss out on the next update! <3 xoxo }