Fire Lord

It has been three and a half years and now I am standing beside Bumi and awaiting Iroh's mother to crown him Fire Lord. I watched as Zuko walked over to me with a smile.

"Do me a favor and go help my grandson he is worried about becoming Fire Lord." He said with a wink.

I smiled as I walked into Iroh's room and saw him looking into the mirror. I walked over to him and helped him with his shirt.

"Iroh you will do fine." I said with a small laugh.

"Yes.... but I am not my mother or grandfather.... what if I mess up?" He said with a sigh.

"It will be fine Iroh you don't have to be a perfect Fire Lord to everyone......you already are to me." I said smiling up at him.

"I won't take the title until you do something for me." He said with a smirk.

"What is it?" I asked with a sigh.

"You can kiss me." He said softly.

"Is there anything else?" I asked with a laugh.

"Nope all I want is for you to kiss me." He said with a laugh.

"Come here you idiot." I said as I pulled him down to me.

I quickly pecked his lips and then pulled away hugging him.

"You better be lucky I'm your girlfriend and I love you." I said with a laugh.

"Oh I am love.... trust me I wouldn't want anyone else beside me other than you." He said hugging me to him.

"Alright now..... go get them." I said pecking his lips.

He walked out of the room and I followed after him with a smile on my face. I stood beside Bumi and watched as Iroh was crowned Fire Lord. I smiled as he went to make a speech. After the coronation I left with Iroh to his new home. I started to explore my surroundings so I knew what to expect. I went to a small pond and stopped to look at it.

"So beautiful." Iroh said from behind me.

"Yea it is." I said smiling over at him.

"I was talking about you." He said with a laugh.

"You old flirt." I said with a smile.

"Thank you for everything.... for being my girlfriend, and for being my friend." He said as he took my hand.

"I wouldn't want to be anything else." I said smiling softly up at him.

"How about you be my wife?" He asked with a smirk.

"Your.... wife... did you just ask me to marry you?" I asked hopefully.

"Yes I did..... now will you Rey Beifong marry me?" He asked with a smile.

"Yes... a million times yes." I said jumping up and kissing him.

He smiled as he picked me up and kissed me deeply. I ran my fingers through his hair and hugged him happily. He let me down after awhile so we both could breath. I smiled as I leaned my head on his forehead and hugged him happily.

"I love you so much." I said happily.

"And I love you." He whispered as he sighed happily.

After a month we where married and I moved in with him a week before. I walked out of the palace a month later and went to see my uncle.

"I am proud of you and so is Bumi." Tenzin said with a smile.

"Thank you.... also I have news.... I found out that I am pregnant." I said happily.

"Congratulations." He said hugging me tightly.

"Is Bumi here and is Sokka?" I asked softly.

"Yes they are training." He said as he lead me to them.

I smiled as I saw them and I sent them a small smile. Bumi smiled back at me as my brother ran and hugged me.

"Sissy I missed you!" He yelled happily.

"I missed you more." I said with a smile.

"How is things with Iroh?" Bumi asked hugging me.

"Good.... we are expecting our first child." I said with a small laugh.

Bumi smiled happily as he hugged me and pulled away.

"I'm so proud of you." He said happily.

"I know..... you tell me every time we talk." I said with a laugh.

I soon left to return home to my husband to see him talking to his grandfather. They both turned upon seeing me and sent me a smile.

"There is my greatest student." Zuko said with a smile.

"It's good to see you Zuko.... how have you been?" I asked with a smile.

"Well... I have been very well.... Izumi wants you two tell everyone of the child soon." He said with a laugh.

"Not yet.... I wanna wait until I am showing and know that the child is to be healthy." I said smiling as my husband put his arm around me.

"Well don't wait to long." He said as he walked away.

I smiled up at Iroh and saw him smile before kissing my forehead.

"So did you tell Bumi and Tenzin what we are naming the baby if it's a boy?" He asked softly.

"No I want it to be a surprise.... and I also want to surprise Lin if it's a girl." I said with a laugh.

"Well I like the name Aang but..... Mai Lin..... why must we name the baby after your aunt?"

"And your grandmother." I said with a laugh.

"Yea I believe she would glare at me for allowing you to pick the names." He said with a smile.

"You love me." I said as I left for work.

As the months past I soon became worried about the child growing inside me.

"Rey love.... are you alright?" Iroh asked softly.

"I'm fine.... I'm just scared for our son." I said sadly.

"Why?" He asked holding her hands.

"I.... what if I can't be a good mother to him.... what if he is a non bender? What if something happens to him and he gets hurt?" I asked as Iroh hugged me.

"You will be amazing mother, if he doesn't have bending then we will love him any way, and for being hurt..... we will always protect him." He said smiling down at me.

I just sighed as he hugged me tightly. I left to go visit my father and told him of my concerns for my son's life.

"Listen I never thought I would have a son or a beautiful daughter, but now that I have you both I am so happy to see you..... I love you so much.... and you will love your son and protect him." He said hugging me.

"Thank you dad." I said hugging him softly.