Unavailable

(I keep trying to get to a certain part of this story, the only part I actually have planned, but these two keep interrupting ._.) 

Warmth enveloped Harper as he nestled into the most comfortable blankets he'd ever used. He felt like he was floating upon a cloud while being tucked in by a slightly heavier one. 

"She sure looks comfortable." 

Harper nuzzled a little more underneath the blankets, leaving only the top of his head exposed in hope of being left alone for even a little more time. 

"She won't get a chance to eat until this evening if we don't wake her now." 

His mind was coming into focus whether he wished it to or not by then, allowing him to realize that it was Rule and Arthur conversing somewhere nearby. In fact, it almost sounded like they were standing far too close to the bed. Knowing that he couldn't risk them trying to physical wake him, or even sending a maid to do so, he grudgingly lifted his head slightly and forced his eyes open. 

"There's our princess." Rule chimed with far too much enthusiasm for... whatever time it was. 

Crossing his arms over his chest, Arthur tilted his head as he eyed Harper. "She doesn't look happy to see us." 

Harper tugged the thick blanket a little further down so that he could talk without his words being muffled. "It is quite unsightly to enter a lady's room, especially before she has even risen for the day." To his surprise, he felt quite well considering how late he must have stayed up, yet the comfort of the large bed still tried to lull him back to sleep. 

"That would be true, if we were in your room." Rule stated with a raised eyebrow. 

I'm... not in my room? 

Stealing slight glances about the room, Harper came to the startling revelation that he was indeed not in his room, but in the one he'd spent so long cleaning the previous day. Jerking upright abruptly, he scrambled to get free of the heavy blankets that weighed him down. How in the world did I end up in Rule's bed chambers! Finally falling from the bed, he stumbled to his bare feet, then inclined into a bow. 

"I am terribly sorry, my lord! I do not remember how I came to be in your room." He stammered out honestly, running through his memories as he spoke, but continuously, he came up with nothing after he'd fallen asleep in Arthur's arms. 

The memory of being so comfortable in the man's lap brought warmth to his face, making him duck his head a little further. When the two of them just chuckled, Harper lifted his head, a slight frown tugging at his lips. 

"I requested that Arthur settle you in my bed since we intended to continue our chat long into the night, and, I know for a fact that Matilda has been snooping about our rooms. You also didn't seem to be sleeping well, so I figured that my room would likely not be her target if she wished to sabotage." He paused for a moment, then smirked. "My bed is also the most comfortable in the entire estate, and you are welcome to it whenever you wish." He finished with a wink.

Harper couldn't think of something to say to that. His mouth had opened slightly, but no words came. Rule had been so thoughtful, even though he had finished speaking with an inappropriate jab, that was just him. Harper hadn't even considered that Matilda might have messed with his room, and he also couldn't argue that Rule's bed was indeed amazing. 

"Well, um... I thank you, my lords. I will take my leave and get dressed for the day now." 

Arthur glanced toward the window, drawing Harper's attention there for a brief moment. Wait. It does not look like morning. Turning back to the lords, he frowned as he asked, "What time might it be?"