Up in Flames

There's a hand on my belly. Was the first thought that managed to get through Harper's hazy mind come morning. Or was it afternoon again, as it still seemed dark? Either way, the hand had to go. 

Harper shifted his weight a little, trying to move away slowly without waking the owner. He only got a few inches, not nearly far enough to remove the hand, when he felt something firm block his retreat. 

Rule? Wait, no, Arthur? 

His cloudy mind couldn't remember which lord was on which side of him when he'd fallen asleep. 

"Darn it, Art. Will you get out of my bed already?" Rule's sleepy voice mumbled from the body he was pressed against. Immediately, Harper jerked away, only to be pulled right back by the hand he'd thought was coming from the other direction. "Where are you going?"  

"Rule, let the poor kid sleep. It's not even midnight yet." Arthur said, his voice sounding a bit more awake than Rule's. It wasn't much of a surprise that both lords were up considering all of the times they'd remained awake until dawn conversing on visits. 

"Go sleep in the other room." Rule grumbled, pulling Harper closer, to the point of being uncomfortable. 

A slightly audible exhale was heard from the other side of the bed, followed by the sound of a book being set down. "What are the chances of our little Hari losing his virginity before morning, if I go sleep in the other room?"

There was a coughing sound from Rule and his arm around his waist suddenly disappeared. Harper took his chance and scrambled closer to Arthur, not stopping until he felt the man's body against his left side. 

"That was cheating." Rule growled as the bed shifted, letting Harper know that he was likely sitting up. "Besides, you kissed him first." 

A scoff sounded from Arthur before the blankets were suddenly pulled back, making Harper squint at the light. It wasn't much, likely just from one candle, but after sleeping under the covers for hours, it felt nearly blinding.  

"That mistake won't be happening again." Arthur stated as he stared down at Harper with indifference. 

The look made him nervous, but not enough to move away. In fact, when he felt the bed dip and saw Rule moving closer, he scooted even closer to Arthur. "Really, Rule. Stop stalking him like some kind of animal. I'm taking him in the morning, then he'll be going to the magistrate in one week." 

Harper pulled the covers back over his face, only to hear Arthur give a quiet laugh. "Hiding won't do you any good anymore, Harper. Things are going to happen now, whether you want them to or not." 

The bed depressing next to him made Harper fidget, but when a gentle hand settled on top of the blankets on top of his head, he relaxed a little. 

"Don't scare him like that." Rule said, moving his hand softly over the blankets to try and soothe Harper's nerves. It pretty much had the opposite affect before being swatted away by Arthur. 

"Just go find one of your mistresses in town if you need attention that badly." Arthur said, earning a grunt from Rule as his weight on the bed shifted. "You're always such a bore." Rule replied.

Another chuckle sounded. "Is that why you've stuck by my side for so many years?" 

The bed shifted for several seconds before Harper felt Rule's searching hands on his bare skin. He tried to move away, but Arthur's body blocked any hope of escape. Harper squeezed his eyes shut as the hand began to wander. 

"Enough of this." 

Before Harper realized what was happening, Arthur was rolling onto him. Even though he couldn't see with the blankets over his head, he knew that it couldn't be Rule, because he had been the one touching him, until Arthur's body forced him to retract his hand or get hurt.