Chapter 5 - Chip off the ol'block.

Rosalie's P.O.V -

The next morning I awoke feeling dehydrated, my eyes were still red raw from all the crying. I squinted at the sight of sunlight beaming through the window behind us. I couldn't believe what happened yesterday, first Xavier then my father's chilling message. It was time for action, I couldn't just lay there and take it. I refused to run also, the only thing I could do was fight. However I had to be smart about it, they knew where I was and somehow I had to find a way to use that to my advantage.

"Good morning, how are you feeling?"

I jumped, startled by his voice. Usually I was much more aware of my surroundings, but in light of recent events I was really out of it.

"Obviously I'm still jumpy, but I'm okay. I just want this to be over."

Cole pulled me into his chest, stroking my long hair, "I know, unfortunately it may get worse before it gets better. But you're not alone, okay?" I nodded and laid there, genuinely thankful for his company for once.

All of a sudden an idea popped into my head. I had a friend in Italy that could possibly help me, it couldn't hurt to ask her. With my new found mission I leaped out of bed, telling Cole I was going for a run to clear my head. He didn't argue, his only request was that I stayed close to the property, but that wasn't going to happen. My friend lived on the other side of the city, meaning it wouldn't be long until he'd send a search party out for me.

After I changed into some running gear to make it believable, I made my way out of the house and before long I was far from the property. The smell of freshly baked bread filled my senses, as I walked through the streets of Florence. It was beautiful and I silently cursed those responsible, for forcing me to leave such an amazing place. On the way I called my old friend, and she agreed to meet me at a small cafe. I sat down and ordered an espresso as I waited for her to arrive.

My father's message creeped back into my mind and if I'm honest, it scared the hell out of me. I had to somehow gain the upper hand, and I needed my friends help with that.

"Rose! Is that you?"

I turned towards the voice and immediately an overwhelming feeling came over me. My tanned, childhood friend stood before me, with her hazelnut coloured hair and dark brown eyes. I missed this woman, dearly. We hugged and engaged in small talk before I couldn't keep quiet any longer.

"Drea, he knows where I am."

Her eyes widened, clearly alarmed at my news.

"How does he keep finding you?"

I sighed frustrated at the situation, "If I knew that I wouldn't be needing your help."

"Well from what you've told me, my guess is he has put a tracking chip somewhere in you, or on something you can't part with."

My eyes widened at the thought, it would explain so much. How he was always on my tail, no matter how smart or stealth I thought I was. It would be right up that bastards alley to do such a thing.

"How can I possibly know?"

"I can exray you. But that doesn't account for any personal belongings that could be bugged."