9. Forgiveness is Key

There's this girl.

I met her my first year in WoodCrest. To be completely honest, she was the first person I talked to.

Flashback

Jazmine looked at the pencil and back to Huey who was now leaning in his chair. Arms folded, not paying her any attention at all.

She scoffed as she snatched the pencil and faced forward once again.

"Do you have a problem?" He asked in his deep, carefree voice.

Jazmine turned around again to see Huey. Still arms folded but now looking at her. His maroon eyes definitely locked on her.

"No. Do you?" She snapped.

"Your attitude wasn't necessary. It was just a question."

The way he spoke kind of threw her off guard and she stuttered. "O-Okay."

Huey shook his head, "Great. Someone else who doesn't know how to speak correctly."

Jazmine's jaw dropped as she heard his words. "Excuse me!"

End Flashback.

As Huey wrote in his journal, his phone began to buzz. He gazed at the caller ID without a shift in his head. Only his deep eyes slid to the screen.

Caesar
Message: We need to talk.

Huey again just moved his eyes back to his journal and began to play with the pen in his fingertips. He re-read what he had wrote in his beautiful calligraphic handwriting. It seemed almost majestic. The way his Ys dipped in a fascinating arch. Or how the Ls made a word look a bit more tidy. He put his pen down and took the phone into his hands and began typing.

*

Jazmine walked with her head down as she approached a familiar front door. She began to fret with her fingers. Playing with her slim nailbeds. Making a familiar quick sharp sound.

"You can do this...you can do this." she whispered to herself.

Just as she was going to knock on the door her phone rang. With a sigh of relief, she looked at it.

Cindy
Message: We need to talk.

Jazmine quickly put her phone away then cleared her throat.

There's no turning back now.

Quickly she rang the doorbell twice. All the while she kept her eyes closed. As if she could hide from the action she had just made.

The front door opened and Jazmine slowly peeled her eyes open once again.

Nala stood there. Arms folded across her chest as she stared at her feet.

There was silence between them. Jazmine couldn't bare to look at her. She had felt disgusting. How could she have done that to one of her good friends?

"Well?"

The sound of Nala's impatient tone knocked her out of her trance. She looked to her old friend who was now wearing a scowl on her light brown face.

"Well don't you have something to say to me?" She spoke again. Impatiently leaning on her doorframe.

Jazmine bit her lip and quickly said, "I'm sorry! I seriously didn't mean for it to happen. I don't even love him! I just missed Huey and he just happened to be there and he was just always there for me and you know i wouldn't ever do anything to hurt you-"