Back in the Forest

"Unbelievable! At this point, someone's going to die before we even get out of Canada!" Snowball shouted, frustration building up inside him. The other pets kept a safe distance away from the rabbit as he paced back and forth. It was later in the day, almost close to nightfall. Duke and Leonard had recently come back from a search party to find the pug and dachshund, but they had little success. "I honestly wish I didn't have this wheelchair. Then I could have helped you two," Pops declared wistfully.

"It doesn't even matter because there's no trace of the pair!" Snowball snapped angrily. "Sorry," he apologized after seeing the elderly dog flinch. Just then, a loud grumbling noise came forth from Chloe's stomach. Groaning, she spied Sweetpea and licked her lips. "NO!" Max and Gidget shouted, jumping on the tabby cat before she could do anything. Duke, meanwhile, grabbed the little bird protectively. "Snowball, you might be right. Someone is going to die at this point," Ozone remarked thoughtfully.

Suddenly, Mel burst into the cave, his tail wagging. "We bring food and medicine!" he cried happily as Buddy followed his friend with a golden retriever puppy. The group stared at the trio in bewilderment and awe. "Found them!" Leonard called from somewhere in the back, breaking the awkward silence.