[08] ROCK WAR!

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

SHE'S TALKING AGAIN

CHAPTER EIGHT

viii. meeting mike

--------------------------------------------------------------

THE NEXT DAY'S ADVENTURES BEGAN with the group braking her bike in front of the outdoor staircase of Beverly's apartment. Beverly noticing her friends unmounting their bikes begin bounding down the stairs, putting out a cigarette and dropping it to the ground.

"You made it! I-I need to show you something," She says, breathlessly after jumping the last step. Observing the group,

"What is it?" Eddie asks, tilting his head curiously.

"More than we saw at the quarry?" Richie asks, squinting his eyes. Only to be met with a punch to his arm from Veronica as she looks at him with disapproval.

"Beep beep, Richie!" She mutters out while rolling her eyes before turning her attention back to Beverly and gives her a look of concern.

"Shut up! Just shut up, Richie!" Eddie snaps, snapping his hands across the air.

"My dad will kill me if he finds out I had boys in the apartment," Beverly disregards the question while looking at the boys one by one.

"Good thing I'm a girl then!" Veronica laughs out while walking away from her spot beside Richie and to Beverly. "We could keep a lookout, if it'd help," She would add afterward.

"Richie, s-stay here!" Bill agrees with Veronica on the lookout suggestion.

Eyes turn to Richie who raises his arms in retaliation as the group begins to walk away.

"Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, Whoa! What if her dad comes back!?" Richie asks in a slight panic, watching as Veronica giggles at his dismay.

"Distract him, dumbass!" Veronica answers, turning away and climbing the stairs behind Beverly.

"Do what you always do! Start talking!" Stan adds to Veronica's statement before running up the stairs after the rest.

"It is a gift!" Richie shouts to the group who began to ignore him and already, ran into the apartment.

They enter the apartment and Beverly leads them down the hall to a doorway. Standing uneasy at the end of the hall, burning stares into the door, Beverly speaks.

"In there..." She mumbles as the rest crowd closer to her.

"What is it?" Stan asks while taking a breath.