[19] PRETTY FUCKING ANTICLIMATIC!

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

SHE'S TALKING AGAIN

CHAPTER NINETEEN

xix. the beginning of the battle

--------------------------------------------------------------

VERONICA TAPS ON HER LEG ANXIOUSLY, nerves through the roof as she waits for the rest of the Losers to show up to where they had agreed to meet. Turning her head to the side, she catches a glimpse of Bill and Eddie chatting away, probably about what their plan was. More so, what Bill's plan was.

Breathing in, she saunters over to the two of them, shoes crunching against the rocks on the street. Once next to Eddie, she looks up to both of them, eyes glistening with a soft sort of worry.

"I missed you guys," She starts before looking back down and at her hands and fumbling with them - scared, as if they'd reject her. She wasn't sure why she felt this way. But, she did.

"We missed you too, Nic" Eddie says, wrapping an arm around her and hugging her gently. Eyes matching Veronica's - soft.

"Yeah. But, wait, V. When did that happen?" Bill asks, tilting his head curiously as he stares her down. Veronica's soft eyes quickly widening and cheeks flushing a soft pink.

"When did what happen?" Eddie questions, looking to Bill

Veronica forms her lips into a line and looks to the side with the blush still on her cheeks before Bill begins. "Our little Veronica here was-".

He's cut off by Richie nudging between Bill and Eddie, throwing his arms around them with a cheeky smile before shouting out, "I made out with Veronica Mills!"

Causing Veronica to grimace and put her head in her hands as she shakes her head over and over, preparing herself for Bill's laughter and Eddie's disgust.

"Do you know how many germs that can spread?" Eddie starts, a look of fear on his face as he goes on about the possible sicknesses that could be contracted by a simple kiss.

Exasperatedly, Veronica sighs and shakes her head. Looking forward at the street, she waits for the rest of the Losers to come. And surely enough, they all came.

The bike ride to the house on Neibolt Street was full of silence and nerves between the seven children who were determined to save the life of their friend. The tension which has once been in the air now long gone and replaced with comfortable silence and a longing to be all together again. A feeling Veronica took deep comfort in as she prepared herself for whatever horrors they'd be facing in that house.

She took a glance around at the six boys who surrounded her, noticing the gun strapped to Mike's belt and Bill's confident strides on his bike and she could only hope that she could maintain the type of confidence Bill had within him, in her.

Pulling to a stop in front of the run-down house of nightmares, their bike tires screeching against the harsh rocky road before they begin to dismount their bikes and drop them to the ground, anxiously.

"This is it," Veronica babbles, walking over her bike and mumbling swears to herself.

After what felt like an eternity, they stood at the front of the house staring up at the chipping wood and haunting windows. Veronica couldn't help gulping down her spit before adjusting the scrunchie in her hair.

"Guys, spikes," Bill says, dropping his backpack to the floor and digging through it to grab these makeshift spears they had created by sharpening the ends of things. They weren't ideal. But, they were all they had for protection besides Mike's gun which he had nabbed from his families farm.

The Losers all had their ways of preparing themselves for the battle with the clown which tormented their town for far too long, but the action Eddie had taken shocked the Losers beyond belief. Him, ripping his fanny pack off his waist and launching it into the hair with all his strength, a yell escaping his mouth. The Losers couldn't help but think to themselves, 'That's a first,'.

Richie Tozier on the other hand, had his own way of preparing himself, wandering off from the group and look at the ground, noticing an empty beer bottle which lay there. He bent over, picking it up and turning back to a ledge on the house. He brings it down aggressively and smashes the bottle, glass flying around him as he shields his eyes from it.

The Losers pause, looking to him with either unimpressed or confused expressions. He throws the left over piece he held in his hand to the side, rolling his big eyes.

Veronica snorts, shaking her head. "What the fuck was for?" She asks, tilting her head at him.

"To prepare us," Richie answers looking between his friends.

"Yeah, right. It was actually pretty fucking anticlimactic," She adds before beginning to stairs of the nightmarish house.

Richie didn't bother to respond. Which was odd considering he always had something to say. Perhaps, it was the nerves of going into the house. Perhaps, it was the thought of losing Veronica like he did in his dream. Perhaps, it was both.

Bill hurriedly joins Veronica up the steps and nods to her with a fearful smile. Richie following after, Veronica reaching for his hand out of instinct. A sense of comfort flooding her body.

She lets out a huff, looking to Bill. "This one of the most stupid things I'll probably ever do," She starts as Bill opens his mouth to say something. "But it's worth it." She adds, Bill shutting his mouth and smiling at her sadly and nodding.

"It's worth it," He echoes.

The Losers continued to stare up at the abandoned house, thinking that the only terror they'd encounter in there would be a killer clown. Not aware that hidden behind the fence, there sat Henry Bowers in Belch Huggins' car.

Blood dripping down his face and a sadistic, cheerful smile playing on his lips as he watched as the Losers apprehensively entered the house with shaking knees and fumbling fingers.

He turns to the back seat and stares at the dead bodies of his goons, the owner of the car himself and Victor Criss with their throats slit.

"Like lambs to a slaughter. Isn't that right, fellas?" He speaks, a chuckle escaping his mouth afterwards.