[20] CHILD REBELLION AND PLYWOOD PLANKS

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

SHE'S TALKING AGAIN

CHAPTER TWENTY

xx. the well

--------------------------------------------------------------

BILL PUSHES AT THE GRIMY DOOR and they all pause as it creaks open slowly. With nervous minds and wobbling knees, they each enter one by one. They stand in the door way looking around at the dust filled house and scrunch up their noses at the damp scent, the sound of wood creaking and rats squeaking filling their ears.

"Stan?" Ben asks, turning his head to the open doorway and they all follow his gaze. Staring out at Stan who stood frozen.

Bill starts, in a reassuring voice,  "Stan, we all have to go. B-Beverly was right. If we split up like last time, that clown with kill us one by one. But if we s-stick together, all of us, we'll win. I promise,".

Veronica smiles softly, thinking to herself that Bill, her best friend (after Richie, of course), always has been a natural leader and that she's follow him to the ends of the earth if it meant to avenge Georgie - a little boy whom she seen as her little brother as well.

Stan looks down and walks into the house reluctantly, his body shaking as he stands himself next to Ben and Mike who both pat him on the back, reassuringly.

They move as a group through the house, stepping on dirt and dust which littered the creaking floors.
then, we begin walking to the staircase leading to the basement. The air stale and the wood echoing underneath their steps.

Slowly, with Bill leading, they descend down the staircase apprehensively. Veronica taking a deep breath of the air in order to brace herself before she stumbles down the steps after Richie, only to cough it up and choke.

"Yeah, do not do that! The air tastes like shit - Like if the way Richie's dirty bin smelt like had a taste," Veronica mumbles, Eddie gagging at the thought and Mike chuckling nervously. Richie just scoffs, shaking his head at her comment.

"Shut the fuck up, Ronnie," He says as they reach the bottom of the steps before turning his head back and looking to Eddie.

"Hey Eddie, got a quarter?" He asks.

"No, I'd rather not make a wish in that fucking thing," Eddie replies, stepping off the bottom step and walking towards Bill.

With small steps, they reach the crumbling well. All of them finding a spot around it and looking down curiously.

"Beverly?" Ben yells into the void, hoping to hear the voice of Beverly responding to them. It echos and bounces off the walls but there is no response.