Chapter 9 - Lunch

Grace's POV.
"Well, hello Matteo, nice of you to join me..." I look at my wristwatch "even though you are now 15 minutes late".

If he was pissed off before now he is fucking fuming, but he remains calm(ish). "Who was that?" He ground out through his teeth.

"Erm who?" I ask even though I know exactly who he is asking about. Carlos.

"That tall kid with blonde hair, looks like the fucking Ken doll from Barbie!" He says angrily.

"Look here Matteo, my personal life is none of your business unless it effects your kids which, by the way, it doesn't. Oh and Speaking of our children, this is why we are here..." I shift the brown envelope across the table and place it down in front of him.

He looks at me with dread. He is expecting a contract in which I demand millions in order to take care of my children, which isn't the case. "What is this?" He asks softly, picking up the large paper envelope.

"It is a contract that I've had written up, within it you will find that i decline all rights to child support because I do not need your money to provide for my kids, I have taken care of them just fine everyday since they were born. It also swears us both to secrecy, we will never tell anyone (who doesn't absolutely NEED to know) that you are their father because it would cause a huge up-roar, a scandal. I will Be demonised and my children targeted by the media. I will not tolerate that. The only thing you need to do is pretend we never even exist and just sign the papers then I'll leave and you won't see me or the kids again." Matteo is speechless. He just looks at me, defeated and... depressed?

"You... you left me" he says broken "you left me and never gave me the chance to talk to you, to make something of us. It might have been a one night stand but honestly I wanted to get to know you, go to dinner, to the movies, to ballets and operas. But you left before I could talk to you!" His tone is growing angrier by the minute "I looked for you after you left! I asked Javier and Harriet every night where you were but they just said you'd left the city, not that you moved country, then you find out you are pregnant and do not tell me?! Instead you move to the other side of the world in the hope you'd never see me again?! I MISSED OUT ON 3 YEARS OF MY KIDS LIVES!? DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THAT YOU PLAYED GOD?! YOU JUST DID WHAT YOU WANTED RATHER THAN DOING THE RIGHT THING?!" Matteo is shouting in the middle of the restaurant and his tone is starting to gain the attention of my coworkers and the other guests.

"Mr De Luca, you are one to talk. Here you are blaming me for 'not doing the right thing' and here you sit before me and you do not ask about the stress I went through before and after those children were born, you weren't there when they told me our son was going to be terminally ill and the pregnancy... the foetus... should be terminated, you were not there when at 18 months old your daughter drowned in a swimming pool?! You may think pregnancy is all sunshine and rainbows but trust me... it isn't. I have heard all that I need to here from you. Just sign the papers Matteo if not for yourself, sign them for your fiancé."

I stand and walk away leaving a stunned Matteo and Stella stood at the table.

I need to see my kids.

**A/N**
This is a short update because I have a lot going on right now and this is just a filler chapter.

Will Matteo sign the papers?

What is wrong with Arloe?

Is there any hope for Grace and Matteo?