Chapter 8

"How do you think you did on the test this morning?" Demi asked me as we ate food and studied in one of the study rooms in the library.

            "I finished quicker than I thought I would," I answered. "What about you?"

            "I think I at least made a B+. Hopefully."

            "Shoot, I hope I made that, too. I always fuck up my graphs though." I picked up my chicken sandwich and took a bite out of it before asking him, "Are you comin' to the away game this weekend?"

            "All the way to Alabama? No, thanks." He laughed and told me, "I'll be wishing you guys luck, though."

            "Thanks."

            Things between me and Demi had normalized so I could be around him without thinking about what we used to have. To be honest, my mind was still on what went down between me and Reggie the night before. I'd never experienced anything like that. I jacked off all the time by myself but never thought about what it would be like to jackoff with somebody I had no intentions of doing anything else with. Reggie was the second guy to make me horny but it was wholly different than my attraction to Demi. I didn't want to kiss Reggie or anything like that; I just wanted to masturbate with him.

            "Where did you go just now?" Demi asked as he waved his hand in front of my face.

            "Oh, my bad," I said. "I was just thinkin' about somethin'."

            "Let me guess, Latoya?"

            "What? Hell nah, I wasn't thinkin' about her."

            "I noticed she didn't sit anywhere near you today in class. What's up with that?"

            "We decided to end our friends with benefits situation last night."

            "Really?"

            "Yeah. It's just not gonna work. You know I got football and everything."

            "True." He took a sip from his bottle of soda and then asked, "Is everything still cool with you and your teammates?"

            "Oh yeah, it's all good."

            "I saw you guys at King last Saturday night and it looked like you were having a good time."

            "You were there last weekend?"

            "Yeah. I was with Brandi, Jasmine and Monte."

            "He was at a party I went to last night."

            "Monte?"

            "Yep."

            "What were you doing at a party on a Tuesday night?"

            "Latoya wanted me to go. We ended our thing right after the party."

            "Hmm, who was Monte there with?"

            "Brandi."

            "Oh, so it was a Delta Sigma Theta party then?"

            "Yeah."

            "Was it fun?"

            "It was straight. I mean, I've been to better parties. Everybody there was kinda weird though. They so serious about that fraternity and sorority shit. Does Brandi really wanna be a part of that?"