Lost Without Her

Jax

"One thing Tig! I asked you to do one simple goddamn thing!" I yelled at him getting in his face to only feel hands on my shoulders pulling me back.

"All you had to do was watch her!" He couldn't meet my gaze. Deep down I knew it wasn't his fault but for now, I needed to channel my anger at someone. For someone who claimed to care about her was proving to me that I couldn't trust him with her safety.

"We'll find her Jackie." Chibs told me but all I could think about was killing the people who even thought about touching her. Without thinking I turned towards the open car door of Charlie's car, and slammed it shut. I watched while the glass broke and then shattered in pieces. I stood there rage running through my whole body. I didn't even notice that I was still holding my gun or the pain coming from my side.

"Someone call the fucking Irish and pump some information out of them. I want to find her by tomorrow." I told them, putting my gun back up and walking over to my bike. I got on and started it up. I put my helmet on and took off to the street. Trying to find any trace of where my girl was.

I couldn't lose Charlie. I just couldn't go through that again and especially not after Tara. I couldn't come home to my boys without her. Abel had just stopped asking about Tara about 6 months ago. He had just accepted Charlie as being his mom. I couldn't put them through that. Things were just starting to feel natural. Waking up to Charlie seeing her beautiful face. Seeing her interact with the boys was just. Amazing within itself. I made a promise to her father on his deathbed that I would take care of her. Here I was three months into that promise and she had gotten kidnapped. This was my fault. I let my grief stop me making the hardest decision I ever made. I wanted to keep her safe back in the day and knew that was with her being away from me. I stupidly had forgotten that and she was now in harm's way.

"I gotta find you Darlin' " I said out loud taking the back streets of Charming. I rode all over town and even the surrounding towns. By the time I made it back to Charming the sun was starting to glow through the dark sky and I hadn't found anything. Nor did I get a call from the Club meaning they hadn't found anything either. Driving into the shop all the garage doors were up and Charlie's car was still close to the shop. Looking away I backed my bike into my parking spot. I noticed that all the bikes were still there besides two. Tig's and Sam's. Getting off I put my helmet on the mirror and walked over to the club house. Opening the door Sam was on his lap top.

"Where's Tig and Bobby?" I asked.

"Out looking for Charlies. They left shortly after you did."He told me not once looking up from his computer.

"What are you doing?" I asked him while walking behind the bar pouring myself a drink. I didn't care how early it was. I needed a drink to calm my nerves.

"Trying to hack into the cameras on the highways."He told me. I looked over at Chibs when I heard him yelling into the phone he had pressed to his face.

"Well she isn't here. Not like I can just ask her who took her!" Chibs yelled from the end of the bar.

"If I knew more I wouldn't be asking you for help."He said as he pulled the phone away from his face and yelled right into it. Nodding my head slightly I took a sip of my whiskey. Everyone was trying to find her. I just hoped she knew that.

"We checked everywhere in the area."Bobby said, opening the door to the clubhouse.

"There has to be somewhere we didn't check,"Tig said.

"Trust me...I checked everywhere. She's not in Charming or in Oakland."I said looking over at Tig who gave me a nod and I gave him one back. Hearing my phone ring made my heart skip a beat. Everyone got quiet as it continued to ring. Pulling my phone out I sighed reading the caller ID.