Love Story

Charlie

"Alright babe, you're all done." I said to Alonzo as I gave his arm the final wipe.

"That took no time."He said to me before he looked down at the hyper realistic flowers that represented the middle names for his daughters.

"They're beautiful Charlie." He said as he held his arm open to look at it. A sense of pride flowed through me while I watched his reaction. It was the same feeling I got when all of my clients saw their new art for the first time.

"Thank you." He said to me and I smiled at him. I rolled my eyes when asked how much he owed me. I had never charged him for a tattoo and I wasn't going to start now. I wrapped up his freshly tattooed skin before I looked up at him. He grabbed my arm, holding me in place while he studied me.

"You do look happier... Despite everything, this really is the life you want." He told me and I gave him a nod as my response. I wanted this life with Jax more than I wanted to breathe. He pulled me into a hug and I buried my face into his chest, wrapping my arms around his torso. I couldn't explain it but I felt as if we were saying good to versions of ourselves that we had grown to know.

"If he hurts you, I'll kill him, you know that?" He whispered out to me so only I could hear.

"You know, he thinks the same about you." I told him as I pulled out of his arms to look up at his face.

"That's fair." He told me. I watched as he looked over at Chibs.

"You can tell Jax that I'm trusting him with someone I care for dearly. She means a lot to my family. If something happens to her again. I would like to know. We have better resources than I'm sure you all have. I'd be willing to share when it comes to Charlie." He said as he walked over to Chibs holding out a business card to him. Chibs looked at it and then took it.

"If your MC needs any help you can call me. We have good connections in high places." He said to Chibs who then gave him a nod. Alonzo turned back around to look at me and gave me one last hug.

"I do miss you, but there is one plus side to you being so far away now- You and Angel aren't synced up anymore." He said with a laugh and joined him. We were a force to be reckoned with when we were. I think we equally drove him mad with our attitude and cravings. Lucky for Jax I wasn't close enough to anyone up here for that to happen to him too.

"Have fun tonight. I'll tell Angel to wait for your call." He said to me as I gave him one last squeeze and a kiss on the head. He didn't give me a chance to ask what he meant by that before he walked out the door. Chibs walked over to me and wrapped an arm around my shoulders

"Alright... He wasn't so bad. I can tell you two have some deep roots with each other." Chibs admitted me. I looked over to him with a smile on my lips agreeing with him. He was a good man. To his core he was sweet and just wanted to help people. The mafia life was just all he had known- just like Jax. He tried to move away but it was who he was. Part of me wished that we had never slept together. It made our friendship messy knowing that we had seen each other naked. Once Angel came into the picture we agreed to move past it and act more like friends rather than people who used to share a bed together. Angel was an extremely confident and attractive woman. By the time she came into the picture I was more attracted to her than I was to Alonzo but she still confronted me about how comfortable the two of us were with each other. It bothered her. Neither one of us wanted so we agreed to put some healthy distance between us. They both became my best friends. I wouldn't trade their love for anything- besides Jax.

"You alright, lovey?" Chibs asked me as I came out of the bathroom. I had cleaned every inch of the shop, getting it back to its perfect condition. I wiped my hands on my jeans and I looked around the shop.