tuesday

"Hey, mate, time to wake up!" Michael shook me awake.

I blinked and rubbed my eyes,"What, huh?" I forgot where I was for a second there.

Michael just rolled his eyes and tugged me upward so I was in sitting position on my bed. I yawned and looked up at him, "So what's on the agenda?"

He chuckled, "Wow, getting out of here really does wonders for a guy, huh? You're so much perkier then usual, Caleb."

Uh oh. You're not supposed to be acting like Calum. You must act like Caleb. Be Caleb.

"Oh, uh nah, man. Must be good night's sleep. Now that does wonders for a guy." I laughed nervously.

I guess it convinced him to some extent because he just shrugged and walked over to the toilet saying, "Well, I gotta tinkle."

I snorted and averted my eyes to give him some privacy while I occupied myself with making my bed.

"Alright, ready?" He walked over to the door as he finished.

I nodded and went over to stand with him as he pressed the button for the guard to come.

Ginger came in a matter of seconds and led us to the courtyard. As he opened the door, I inhaled deeply, taking in the fresh air. Inside, the air was too confined and stale. If they didn't give us time each day for "a breath of fresh air", I don't know if I'd have any chance of surviving my imprisonment.

"There she is." Michael nudged my shoulder.

I scanned the crowd of JDs before me and it didn't take long to spot her. Her long blue hair that's dip dyed purple stands out among all the other heads. She caught me staring at her and beckoned me over enthusiastically. When we reached her, she stood on her tip toes and wraps her arms around my neck, giving me a hug. I noticed Michael wiggling his eyebrows at me and giving a thumbs up. I just rolled my eyes and hug back, finally figuring out why he was talking about Minnie that way yesterday. We must be in some sort of relationship; I don't know what kind, but I'm sure I'll find out soon enough.

"Caleb! I've missed you, where've you been?" Minnie squealed as she glances around to make sure none of the guards are looking before she plants a quick kiss on my cheek. I felt a quick pinch and when she pulls away, I see a lip piercing just below the right side of her bottom lip.

I felt my cheeks heat up and hope no one has noticed my blush, "Here and there."

Minnie just giggled and nodded her head understandingly as if it was something Caleb would say. She reached up and tucked stray strands of her hair behind her ear. As she does this I noticed two tattoos: an infinity sign on the inside of her pinky and a star behind her ear.

"So how about a game of soccer?" She addressed all of us.

We all nodded our heads including me and walk over to the field.

"Alright, Caleb and I will be captains," Minnie stated with authority such authority that a guard wouldn't want to argue with her, "You can pick first, Caleb."

I nodded and survey that group I can pick from. I ended up with Michael, Jack, and Mackenzie. Minnie has Zach, Louis, and Tori.

After about an hour, my team was ahead 6-5. I was the forward for mine and Minnie was the forward for hers. We've been battling each other back and forth; I have to admit she's pretty good. We had only 5 more minutes left of Mixing Day so I quickly stole the ball from Tori and made my way up the field. Minnie came out of no where causing me to make a pass to Michael before she tackled me and I had to leave Michael to fend for himself.

"I'm pretty sure that was a foul." Minnie had landed on top of me since I put my body in front of hers to break her fall because I didn't want her to get hurt. My hands rested at her hips and hers on the ground next to my cheeks supporting her. I smirked at her while staring into her bright blue eyes that were complimented by her gorgeous blue - purple hair.

She rolled her eyes and chuckled, "No shit, Sherlock."

We stayed there on the ground staring at each other and talking about stupid stuff like why they don't allow bunnies to live on the "premises" for the rest of the game until Michael tripped over our tangled legs while trying to take another shot.

"You assnuggets, I almost had that," He mumbled as he glared at us before he stood up to find the ball in the goal, "What the frick? How? What?"

I stood up and helped Minnie to her feet. I pat Michael on the back as Minnie and I headed back to the courtyard to say our goodbyes before all the girls had to leave.

"Bye, Minnie." I stick out my hand for a handshake, but I realize too late that Caleb wouldn't just shake his girlfriend's hand when saying goodbye. Surprisingly, she grins as if she likes shaking hands better than what they would have done and places her small hand in mine.

"Bye, Caleb."

Michael walks up behind me while I'm watching Minnie get onto the bus that takes her back to the center she lives in, "Really, man? A handshake? Wow, you must have really been listening to her during that argument you guys had the last time you saw each other. I mean, usually when she has to leave, you would have a heated make-out session with her and maybe give her a tap on the butt before she goes."

"Uh, new approach?" I had no idea it was that kind of relationship. Well, it seems like she likes this better.

"Ahhhh, so your trying to get on her good side before you get some."

"You know it, man!" I fist bump him as he nods his head in approval. That was not my intentions whatsoever, but I have to make it seem like I'm Caleb and that includes acting like him in situations like these.

"Alright boys, back to your rooms." Ginger materializes and places a guiding hand on both of our shoulders.

When we get back and the door shuts behind Ginger, we both go sit down on our beds, "Only got one thing to worry about with Minnie."

"What?" I lean back against the wall and look at Michael.

"Her brother." He lays down on his bed and puts his hands behind his head.

"And who's her brother?"

"Luke Hemmings."

a/n

sorry the chapter is so short, but PLOT TWIST AHAHAHA!