chapter 11

"Aren't you enjoying Luce?"
"Huh?"
"Aren't you enjoying yourself? You were zoning out "
"Ah no I'm enjoying myself dragn--"
"Natsu!"
"Ah I'm sorry ,I'm enjoying myself Natsu I'm just a little overwhelmed"
"Overwhelmed ?"
"Yes I never met so many people "
"Ah I see "
Natsu knew that ,he never saw Lucy attending any of the formal or business party Jude heartfilia were a regular but his daughter was another story .
"Well that explains it"
"What? What do you mean Natsu?"
"You never attending any of the  business party"
"How did you?"
"Your father is our business partner "
"Business partner ?"
Lucy's face was covered in confusion
He knew it by her eyes she had no idea about what he was talking about
"You are really oblivious of your surrounding huh"
"What do you mean by that?"
"Natsu ? Natsu Dragneel , Dragneel cooperation's? Does that rings a bell ?"
"Ah you are the one who-"
"Not me my father was the one "
"Yes but still we owe you a lot "
"No you don't owe us anything . Besides your father and mine are friends "
"I know that "
"So will you mind having a walk?"
"Walk?"
"Yes a walk at the back of the restaurant ?"
"Why would you suggest that now Natsu ?*"
"I don't know but you look a little uncomfortable to me "
Lucy's heart skipped a beat no guys ever noticed about her , they all considered whether or not they were having fun ,some of them even left her alone to enjoy themselves .
But this man right here was ready to skip one of the rowdy parties she ever visited just because she wasn't feeling comfortable with so many people surrounding her .finally she stopped her track of thoughts as she spoke
"Are you sure?"
"Yes "
"Okay "
********
Nobody POV
The moon was shining brightly ,the cold breeze rubbing against their skin .Lucy never knew that Fairytail restaurant was on seashore .
She couldn't help but feel shy ,she was walking beside the man who always visits her in dreams .
And the entire scenery was just too much for her .
It was perfect for a romantic date the only difference they weren't in love at least not him .
She decided it was time to break this awful silence that hung between them , it was soothing but she missed his voice ,so going along with her gut she spoke .
"So?"
"Huh? " Natsu turned his head toward her cocking a brow , his eyes clearing asking her what she was talking about  .
"I'm sorry if I'm being nosy about your life but I wanted to know what happened to your wife ?"
"Wife ? I never had a wife?"
"But what about lina ?"
"Its a little embarrassing story"
"I promise I won't judge"
Natsu knew she meant it and he decided to share it with her .
"So yeah it started when we were young , I got infatuated , for me she was the most beautiful girl I ever laid my eyes upon I know its quite cheesy . but everyone feels this way at some point and I felt it too . Then one day Gray hosted a new year party he invited both of us , we drank , we danced and everything just happened , I. Knew what was happening I knew I should have stopped but my emotions never listened to me and at that Time I just let those emotions control me . and then what happened ain't a secret after a week whoosh ! I was given the news that I'm going to be a father . I helped her deliver our child , once lina was in my arms I let her go . to the men she was in love with ."
"Just like that ?"
"Yes?"
"You didn't took revenge on her ?"
Natsu stopped in his track lookin at her incredulously , blinking a few times he started laughing .
A blush creeping on Lucy's face as she watched him laugh .
"Re-hahaha revenge?why would I take revenge on her ?"
"Because she rejected you for someone else , didn't she hurt your male ego?"
"Male ego pfft hava haha you , you are so weird lucy "
"Stop laughing at me "
"I'm sorry Luce but you are so weird sometimes "
"How am I weird ?"
"Because you thought whether i took revenge or not , why would I take revenge ?"
" because she choose someone else"
Lucy was getting irritated now he wouldn't even answer her question , but keep laughing at her .
"So what ? I'm not god Luce she can reject me if she want , a man is just a human like I'm , nothing here makes me special , A man can only be special because she treat him differently than others . it's just her way , if her world revolves around him then he is special if not he is not , if her face light up when she looks at him ,he is special if not he isn't anything to her , but that doesn't mean she is hurting his ego , Its her choice ,this is a free country ,just because she rejected my love doesn't mean I'm not anything less then others ,just because he was special to  her doesn't mean I'm not , I may be not special to her , but I know I will be special for someone , someone's face would light up when she would look at me I'm just waiting for her Luce . Just because Lina's mother found her soulmate before me doesn't mean I should hunt her for her blood "
Lucy's brain stopped it's functioning , this was too much the men she dated were nothing compared to this man , he respected woman , he was selfless , not once he thought about himself , what mattered to him whether or not she was happy .
"That-that was really kind of you "
"No it wasn't I made a mistake Luce I was a little sober than her I should have stopped I didn't , I don't think it was kind of me "
"But you sacrificed your happiness "
"Ah everyone says that , I don't know why ?"
"Because you did Natsu , what you did wasnte something anyone can do "
"Well thank you Luce "
He turned to look at her brown eyes , his eyes fixated on hers , every emotion were clear in them she respected him , proud of him but there was a certain ting if sadness and pity for him .
"Don't do that Luce "
"Huh?"
"Don't look at me with those eyes,don't pity me I have my family and my beautiful daughter "
"How did you ?"
"I can read emotions in one's eyes , they always speak the truth , "
Lucy was surprised at this new talent of his , she never met someone this similar to her .
"I'm sorry I just -"
"Don't feel sad , I will find my love in no time"
"She will be really lucky to have you and your daughter "
"Really ?"
"Yes "
"What about you , what will you say if I ask you to be my daughter's mother , just imagine don't take it by heart "
Natsu waited for her reply , she was shocked he knew that , but when it hung a little longer he began
"Don't ans--"
"I would be thrilled " Natsu stopped as he listened her continue " she is beautiful , and talented yes she is a little ball of energy , but I guess she learned from the best " she winked at him as. She continued " she likes spicy thing but she had a sweet tooth for cakes ,she act as hard headed ,fighter with Silver but she had a soft spot for stray kittens "
Natsu stilled he didn't know or he didn't cared anymore what she says , this woman a complete stranger to his daughter knew things about her that even Lisanna didn't know . She was a mystery even to him , he and lisanna always buys pink frilly dresses for Lina and here Lucy knew that she liked black the most and for once he knew he wasn't wrong when he said he was in love with her ,
He wasn't wrong when he imagined her along with lina , a pink haired kid running  and blonde haired kid in her arms as she welcomed him at their home .
Because he wasn't letting her go ,
Patience Natsu Patience
Once again those words rang in his mind but what good patience did to him ,he waited for Lisanna and what happened someone else wiped her of her feet and ran away , yes he realized they weren't meant to be when he met Lucy
He looked at her once again he took in her appearance and finally his eyes settled on her rosy lips he imagined him loosing her, if he looses her then someone else will take her away and those lips will belong to him , a low growl vibrated inside his body , he saw bixlow and lisanna kiss a number of time but he never felt angry . but when he thought about Lucy , kissing someone else he felt burning the entire world down .
He now knew he was never in love with lisanna , he was just infatuated with her .
He could survive without Lisanna but he can't survive without Lucy he was sure of it .
Patience Natsu Patience
Those words chimed in again ,
He shut his eyes as he contemplated his chances ,should he wait for her , should he take step by step ,
Friendship then romance .
But what if he waited for too long will he able to watch Lucy falling for someone else .No .
He won't wait , he won't let anyone take away something that was his .
It was time , it was time to claim what was his .
And Lucy belonged to him  .
He will claim her as his .
She is mine
Those words chimed as last shred of his patience left his body , he was controlled , he controlled his emotions well? What happened now why can't he control them now he looked again at her , Yes she happened
"Lucy " he called her
Every ounce of humor wiped of his face .
He looked at her , and only then he heard her suck in her breath he knew , that she knew he was serious ,
"Lucy " he spoke as he took a step closer to her " what will you say if I tell you -" his gaze fixed on her lips , he wanted to control himself but he couldn't he didn't know why ? Why couldn't he control himself around Lucy.
He watched at her eyes looking for the fear but there wasn't an ounce of it . He was surprised ,for a moment he thought he read her eyes,wrong but he wished he wasn't
Her eyes showed that she was ready , so much ready that she will ride hell with him.
As he took a step closer his face drawing close to her , moonlight showing every beautiful feature of her face .
"Oi flame breath get your daughter away from my son "
For once in his life he wished Gray should drown himself in the ocean and never rise back to the land , if he wouldn't he will be glad to do that to him .
But then Juvia won't be happy with him .
He took a step back as he calmed himself .
"Gray got his timings huh "
He took a breath as he held out his hand to her
"Let's go inside Luce , before Lina destroys the entire restaurant"
*****"*
Lucy POV
"Lucy"
She heard Natsu call her name , she looked up to meet his eyes stopping her theories about lina as she saw his , face she knew he was serious about whatever he was going to say
.
She watched as he took a step closer to her , she stopped hearing to his words because his actions spoke louder , then his words , he kept getting closer ..to her
She watched him standing so close to her , like he was going to kiss her , and she was going to let him , her first kiss to this man ,and she wasn't regretful to it . She was ready for him , in every way he can claim her as his .
She wouldn't back out now she knew him well enough he was man of his words , she knew once he kissed her he will never let his feet get cold he will take every responsibility that connects to her .
She watched as his face got closer to her , moonlight lighting up his feature making him more beautiful , then he already was , Adonis a complete Adonis standing in front of her ..Just
When she thought that her first kiss will be taken she heard Gray's voice
"Oi flame breath get your daughter away from my son "
And for once in her life she wanted him to go jump of a cliff , sure she loved him like brother but his timings were completely off
"Gray got his timing huh?"
She heard him speak as he took a step back from her
He held his hand our for her  as he spoke"let's go inside Luce, before Lina destroys the restaurant "/
And she took his offer , after all she was ready for him to be with her forever. As she held his Hand she knew he will never let go of him not now .not Ever .