002

(the city lights dance in your eyes where the joy used to be / don't worry baby, it's hard to tell the difference)

IT WAS just past ten pm when he walked in, the brisk air from outside cooling the stuffy coffee shop as the door swung shut. i placed the we are closed sign i was holding behind the counter and glanced over at the visitor, black hair shading his face and sharp eyes scanning the menu. he had a smaller build, about the same height as me, and yet the way he held himself made him seem double my size.

"one black coffee, please."

his voice was the kind that sent chills down your spine, deep and rough and spoke in the back of his throat.

"black coffee at 10pm, huh? you must be nocturnal," i joked, letting a laugh coat my words to hide the fact that i wasn't really used to dealing with customers. the manager always said that the shop was a breath of fresh air in the busy city, but in reality, we rarely got any customers, and when we did, taehyung, my coworker, usually took their orders.

"yeah, well, i'll need the caffeine for what i'm doing tonight."

"and what kind of things would you be doing tonight?" i replied, playful tone still lacing my words.

he looked up slightly, his lips upturned in a lazy smile, "i was thinking an introduction would be nice before you start asking things like that, but if you must know-"

"oh no, i didn't mean it like that!" i exclaimed, cheeks burning with embarrassment, "i'm sorry, i'm jimin,"

the guy let out a quiet laugh, his features becoming more noticeable as he lifted his head so he was eye level with me. "don't worry about it. i'm yoongi,"

i studied his face for a moment, now that the cheap lighting hit his cheekbones and a faint smile still lingered on his mouth. he was all black and white and red, dark hair and pale skin and full rosy lips, harsh eyes framed with bluish bags and long eyelashes.

"although, for the record, it wouldn't be the worst thing if you did mean it like that."

i snapped out of my daze as soon as the words left his mouth, and i silently cursed myself because i could feel my face flushing again, awkward silence flooding the air as i struggled for a decent response.

"i, uh... i'll make your coffee."

-

yoongi thanked me for the drink and sat down at a table near the counter, sipping his coffee in slow silence. he stared out of the window into the night sky and somehow, his eyes looked softer with the glow of the city lights on them.

it was only when a car pulled up outside that he got out of his seat, grabbing his half-drunk coffee and pulling his hood over his head as he rushed out of the shop, door slamming shut behind him.

i hung the we are closed sign up on the door and walked back to my apartment like any other day, and yet for the rest of that night, i couldn't stop wondering where that car was taking him.

_

guys I promise this isn't a boring coffee shop au I just gotta develop their relationship ok