006

( you gleam like copper under the sun / and through my rose tinted lenses / you are golden )

YOONGI'S CAR was just as nice on the inside as it was out. a clean champagne colour coated most of the interior, trimmed with a warm, marbled-looking brown and a plethora of black buttons and dials dotted around. yoongi rolled the windows down and turned his key in the ignition, and i let my eyes wander as we sat in silence, noticing the little jaguar logo on the steering wheel, and the radio that seemed to be playing on mute.

"stravinsky isn't even that bad, y'know."

I felt myself smile, humoured at the fact that he was still on the topic of classical music. "what, do you actually listen to his sonatas, or whatever?"

"nah, i don't like 20th century music. too much dissonance. but still, listening to him isn't the worst thing to be accused of."

"what do you like, then? 16th century music?" I grinned, hoping he'd take lightly to my teasing. "and what's dissonance, anyway?"

"dissonance is lack of harmony," yoongi replied, pausing for a moment. "and no, i don't," he told me, voice serious but lips curved in a smile.

"you know a lot about music." i mused, half to him, half to myself. "do you take a music course or something?"

"i don't go to university." he said it as if it didn't mater, but i could see the smile fade from his features, eyes suddenly more focused on the road.

"oh."

I wished I had a better reply, at least something that sounded less sour on my lips. his words surprised me, though - he seemed like the type to be in university, intelligent and mature and put-together. maybe the compliments were just to make up for the fact that my opinion on him changed, just a little bit.

"where'd you learn all the music stuff, then?" I asked, hoping to put the smile back on his face.

"my mom was a piano teacher. I guess I picked up some things,"

"oh, do you play piano, then?" I questioned, suddenly curious.

and just like that, the smile was back on his face, eyes lighting up slightly; a ghost of how the city lights looked on his irises the first night i saw him. "yeah, I do,"

somehow, I forgot to reply, my mind getting lost somewhere between the blue of the sky and the red of his lips. the sunlight that poured through the open window made his pale skin look golden, dipped his dark eyes in copper and made them gleam as he smiled. his hair blew in the summer breeze and the dark blue melded with the cerulean of the heavens, and through my rose-tinted vision, his cheeks were doubly flushed, his lips a vibrant, cherry red.

"do you want to go to a coffee shop a few minutes away? they have the best coffee in town." he asked, glancing at me as I snapped out of my thoughts.

"what about the shop I work in? c'mon, give us business, barely anyone buys our coffee."

yoongi simply laughed, a few strands of hair falling in his face as he spoke, "sweetheart, that's because your coffee's shit,"

the pet name caught me so off guard that I barely thought about the insult to the coffee. the name rolled off his tongue so easily, spoken lazily on his lips. and, to be fair, our coffee was pretty bad.

"why do even get our coffee, then?" I asked.

"well, your baristas are cuter."

I felt my cheeks flush at the compliment and watched quietly out the window as we pulled up at the coffee shop.

-

im back ! evn tho no one reads this story eek