Part Four.

This story calls for some Savage Garden- Truly Madly Deeply, exactly what I'm listening to.. 💕

Chapter 4

As the months passed my feelings for Lana evolved into something sinister, i'd hang around her making sure no boy even came too close.

I often wondered how she felt about me. Whenever we hung out at school and a girl came up to me, she'd get up and leave. Without a word. Those were my only hope, that she was jealous, so she left.

If so I hated it, i wish that we could just be together. That she'd be mine. Why can't i just tell her how i feel? She's my little nerd.

Then one night she texts me, asking me to meet her outside. Its almost midnight but of course i agree to meet her. When i'm outside i see her standing near her Mustang Fastback. Is she going racing? I ask her what's up but she just asks me to take a drive with her. In that car Lana doesn't "drive" she races.

And I've never been in the car when she races, I'm a little scared. She must know 'cause she tells me she'll take it easy, since its my, first time. Then she smiles widely, making her black framed glasses raise with the movement. Her gray eyes look sliver in the dimly lit street. God, I love those sliver eyes that look right through me.

We get into the car and she drives, slow at first until we can't see our houses anymore. When she gets to the open road she hits the gas, she literally, fucking floors the gas pedal. There's no one on the road this late at night so I'm glad we won't be killing anyone, us not included.

We don't speak for a while, I just sit there trying to calm my racing heart while she switches gears, going back and forth between lanes. I swear I feel like she's recreating a scene from Fast and Furious but without the other cars.

She even has this little smile on her face. While I'm over here trying not to puke my guts out, she's enjoying herself. And in that moment I want to tell her how much I love her.
And I do just that, I have to shout because of the noise and the wind but I do it anyway, I tell her I love her. I almost think that she doesn't hear me but in the next few seconds, we're flying over ditches and coming to and abrupt stop on a gravel sideroad. Lana switches off the engine and we're left in defening silence.

Then she turns slowly to face me and demands to know why I said it. So I tell her the truth, that I've loved her since I was six and stole her, doll.