Prologue

Fontaine POV

     It was early, about five in the morning, when we received a call from some scuba divers. Apparently they saw some idiots chasing come whales, they were on some yachts, and the whales were scarred. Clearly my blood boiled, I love whales! They were often so gentle, caring, and smart! Mom placed her hand on my shoulder, she knew about my passion for whales, she was there when I saw the first whale migration of my life. I wasted no time and got on my wetsuit, Ant soon did as I had, he wasn't as anxious as I was. Mom and dad had already changed, and mom wasted no time and we soon headed to the coordinates sent to us. It only took dad two minutes to find the stupid morons who didn't​ understood the law and common sense. As mom made sure we were in a good position, for there were rocks nearby, dad used the speaker on the top of our submarine to speak with the troublemakers. They looked like university students, dumb and young, but they were still adults. When they decided to ignore my father's warnings and continued to bother and scare the whales. I noticed that there were babies in the small herd they were bothering.

      "Don't these idiots see that there are babies involved?" I growled as I headed to the moon pool, with Ant and dad following me.

      "Calm down Fontaine, remember, first we must warn them. If they do not listen then we act, with caution and keeping in mind what we can do and what we can't do" dad said as he placed his hands on my shoulders.

      "Yeah sis, not everyone is as educated as us, some people don't know the basic rules of their favorite places" Ant said as he jumped into his shark knight.

      "I know! But come on! Even bothering humans is against the law, in and out of the ocean!" I almost yelled as I noticed how agitated I became.

      "Fontaine... Are you sure you can come with us? I don't want you to lose control out there" dad asked me as he looked into my eyes.

      "I will be fine, listen, why don't you take the rover by yourself and I only take my oxygen mask? The whales don't need more scarring, and I work better with them with no metal around me" I asked as I fetched my oxygen mask, it covered my entire face and allowed me to breathe and speak underwater.

      "Sounds like a plan to me! Let's go Jeffrey" Ant said as he released his pet fish into the moon pool. I have to admit, that was one smart fish.

      Me and most of my family was in the surface, we had gone underneath the Arronax and moved up to where the whales were. I stayed with the group, calming them down, and whispering them calming phrases and stuff. Ant was near me, he knew scarred whales were a bit dangerous, especially the adults. Dad was further away from me and Ant, he was talking with the troublemakers, there were five of them. Sure, we were outnumbered, but two were in the yacht and the other three were in water motorcycles. At first I believed that they were actually listening to dad, but then they broke off into laughter. I was angry and frustrated, not a nice mix when it came to me. The three that were in jetskies tried to run over some of the smaller whales, which included babies. Dad went to stop the nearest one, Ant took the nearest to him, and clearly I had to do something about the third one. I opted for throwing myself in the middle, he knew he would go to jail for running over a teenager that was protecting an endangered species. He tried to pass by me since he couldn't do such a sudden stop, but he did passed too close to me, hurting my arm in the process. I grunted, and opted for rounding up the whales in order to make them go further away from the coast.

      "Fontaine are you alright?" mom asked through the family communicator.

      "Yeah... Just a scratch or so" I lied as I continued swimming.

      Some of the whales had tried to hit me, and some had pushed me against the others or against the rocks that were nearby. The water was deep in this area, but there were some pretty big rocks that came from the bottom, like small mountains. After I got them to leave the area, and I have to admit I had to scare them a bit, I turned to check on the other side of the situation. The guy on the yacht, which was accompanied by the only girl, was trying to bribe my father into not reporting them. Apparently they were all rich morons having fun on their free weekend from university. Clearly my dad laughed in his face and told him to head to shore, that the police was probably waiting for them. All five idiots had to leave as soon as they saw the Arronax heading towards us. After that, we all headed back into the Arronax to fill the reports of what happened and what we saw. That was when mom noticed all the bruises in my arms and legs, plus the small gash on my arm from the damn jetski from earlier. She got me all wrapped up and soon I had bandages in my arms and legs, especially in the arm with the gash. We continued our day normally, or as normal as we can be. We had breakfast all together, stretched a bit, and headed back to the control center (where mom usually was and where she controlled and drove the Arronax). I sat in my chair as I checked some of the basic things, I also ran a security check, only to see that most of our sensors in the moon pool were damaged. Dad verified my findings and sighed deeply, sensors were a bit of a problem to fix, but thankfully I was trained for that. I left my family in the control room and headed towards the moon pool. Most of the times dad or mom fixed stuff in the sub, but they were allowing me to grow more independent and they were also giving me more responsibilities. As soon as I located the nearest sensor I got to work, the moon pool was usually opened during the day, and yes, even I found it dangerous. As I started working on the sensor I heard some movements, I thought that it was an octopus or something of the sort, they were true troublemakers. As soon as I finished the sensor I got up to check on what I had heard, only to see Mad Madeline, Smiling Finn, and two more pirates that I had no idea who they were.

      "What are you pirates doing here?! Are you the reason why the sensors don't work?!" I yelled as I backed away a bit. They had been hiding between the oxygen tanks that we kept for scuba diving and for refill.

      "So what if we are you stupid Nekton? We are here to steal whichever treasure you may have, Arr!" Mad Madeline said as the two older pirates tried to corner me.

      "Trying to corner a hurt teenager? Now I see why pirates are seen as cowards" Ant muttered as he suddenly appeared, I laughed at his comments, which made Mad Madeline fume.

      "We are not cowards, we are pirates, Arr!" she replied as she starred at Ant, it was funny because if looks could kill he would have been dead long ago.

      "Mad is right! We are pirates... And we pirates will do whatever we can to take treasures, Arr!" one of the pirates I didn't knew said as he approached me. He grabbed me by the arms roughly, he was strong, but I was smarter. I smirked softly as I pulled him towards me and smacked my head against his without second thought. He grunted before falling unconscious, which made Ant snicker.

      "Hey!" the other pirate yelled as he ran towards me, it wasn't me or Ant who stopped him, somehow Finn's foot ended up in front of him, making him fall harshly on the floor.

      "Ups! Sorry big guy" Finn said as he laughed softly.

      "Big bro they are winning! Stop doing such stupid stuff" Madeline said as she grew angry.

      "No worries baby sis, we can still win, after all, I doubt Fontaine would hurt us" Finn said as he walked towards me.

      "Oh really? And why is that?" I asked as I scoffed, sure it was an act, he was handsome and just plain gorgeous, of course I wouldn't hit him, not in the face at least.

      "Well, you would never harm your crush, no? And Madeline is young, she is ten, you would never hurt someone five years younger than you" Finn whispered as he got closer to me.

      "You are most certainly right about your sister, but I wouldn't mind hurting you" I whispered back as I suddenly punched his stomach, making him lose his breath for a while.

      His sister yelled at us, and Ant simply pushed her into the moon pool. I locked all of our stuff with my hand print, some tech my mom got her hands into. I laughed softly as Ant and I ran towards the hallway, locking Madeline and Finn out of the rest of the Arronax. We high-fived and headed towards the control room. Our parents met us there, and congratulated us on somehow getting rid of the pirates. I must admit, the punch I gave Finn was one of my weakest ones, and yes, it was on purpose. Mom made the Arronax head towards deeper waters, we needed to make sure the whales were still together and mostly okay (they had been badly scarred, they were not going to be perfectly okay). As we continued our journey, I saw the small group of pirates leave through a small secret camera we had in the moon pool area. We closed it, making sure that no other attempt was made. And thus, we had a pretty normal day, for a Nekton that is.

I know this may look shitty but I haven't written in a long time. Once I have the time, maybe after I finish this fic, I shall review it carefully and have someone read it as well. My first language isn't English so yeah that is also a bit of a problem for me. I also noticed that this fandom barely has two or three fics, all unfinished and some going way out of context. Please do feel free to tell me exactly what you believe and if something is wrong.