Chapter 2 - Found Letter

Fontaine POV

      Three days ago I showed Finn our beautiful clam, which held a lot of meaning and had some memories of ours. He had been such a sweetheart, and to be honest, I was falling hard. My biggest fear was to be used, it wasn't a nice feeling, and I hated it. Ever since being locked inside a clam with Finn I decided to practice more my guitar playing. I would often lock myself in my room, using a window (made of most of the glass in the Arronax) and just play as I saw sea creatures pass me by. It was relaxing and I truly enjoyed those moments of privacy and calmness. I often left the letter Finn wrote me near me, as I played that is, in order to have some inspiration and a bigger desire to get better.

      No one knew about the letter, when I placed the pearl back my parents questioned me. All I said was part of the truth, Hammerhead had stolen it, and Finn had stolen it back (for me but they don't need to know that). A sad fact was that my family hated the entire Dark Orca crew, including Finn. After our many encounters, I had grown to seek out our personal and intimate moments. We barely spoke sometimes, we lost ourselves in each others eyes, our smiles and eyes spoke aloud for us. Now, if my family saw us together they flipped, while his side only believed that he was using me.

      I often tried to behave as if his presence meant nothing to me. But with each encounter it was harder and harder. I loved him, not that I would ever admit that out loud. He made me feel special, like I was the only person in the world besides him. Clearly I couldn't allow anyone to know this, he couldn't either. We were both afraid of our parents reaction. Today we had not a single thing to do, so I decided to call my friend, Elina Matthews. She was the daughter of the owner of a natural reserve for sharks. That was how I met her, we have been friends for four years now, and we often talk. My parents were often asked to take small or hurt sharks to her family, which is when we got to meet up.

      "Elina speaking" Elina muttered from the other side of the line, making me laugh.

      "Hey Els! Its Fontaine" I said as I laughed a bit, sometimes she took naps, seems like I woke her up or something.

      "Taine! I thought you got lost in the ocean girl, we haven't spoken in a while! How are things down there?" Elina's mood had been picked up immediately, her attitude changed a lot, but it didn't bothered me at all.

      "Generally everything is ok, but I have to admit that I have been having encounters with... Pirate Boy" I whispered into my phone as I walked around my room.

      "I knew it! I fudging knew it! Is he really hot? What does your family think? Do they even know? OMG of course they don't he is a pirate! How are you gonna tell them?" it was during these moments that I knew that Elina was my best friend. Only she and my other best friends knew me this well. She was screaming, many people would find it rude but, she was excited.

      "We are not planning on telling no one Els! We are afraid of our families reaction, besides, we are not officially something! We just... sort of... have very personally intimate moments?" my voice sounded confused, and I was, what were we?

      As Elina and I spoke and allowed our thoughts and opinions travel back and forth, I never heard Ant enter my room. The reason I noticed was because I felt that something was horribly wrong. I was standing in a corner, my guitar and letter on the bed. Once I turned I saw Ant scram, I figured it was because I had catched him. I was wrong, he had taken my letter and made a run for it. Sure he was a fast runner, but dad had trained me, I had strong, long legs that helped my case. But Ant had adrenaline, more than me since he truly hated pirates. Madeline often made him laugh with her... lack of knowledge and stuff, but he did disliked them. Somehow, he managed to escape me, I screamed after him, to stop and hand it over. But he didn't listened, he didn't stopped, ruining my life for eternity. He reached my parents first, and hit dad as he tried to stop, but he did managed to hand over the letter during the impact.