Chapter 3 - Protecting The Dark Orca

Fontaine POV

      I have to admit that once we found out the truth behind the "unlucky" fish I had to laugh at myself. For once I believed of superstitious​ beings and I have to admit, it felt strangely familiar. Just like with Lemuria it's like all the mysteries of the world wish to be uncovered by only us. And I can't help but believe it has something to do with superstitions and stuff alike.  At first I just wanted to stop everything that we were doing, the Arronax is our home. And I love my home, it is were I grew up and allowed my life to unfold. We were near the typical home of the "unlucky" fish. I still wanted to find that treasure and I wanted to study the fishes. The reason behind me wanting to find a treasure was so that I could show it to Dolos and rub it. Yeah it was a bit cruel, but Ant got to bother him and get on his nerves, I didn't got my chance. If there is one thing Ant and I can do together with no problems at all is bother people. Somehow we have it in our DNA! Mom got her hands on three fishes, she kept one, gave one to Ant, and gave one to dad. All three of them were studying them, while I was given the task of studying their habitat and behavior. Clearly I felt honored that my parents would allow me to go out alone, this was their way of showing me that they trusted me and saw me mature enough. The first time I went out alone was to stay in their eyesight, and I was ten. Slowly during the years they allowed me to go further and further.

      I soon found myself surrounded by algae, terribly tall and wide. It was a bit of a creepy sight, one could get easily lost and that was kinda scary. But I had my trackers perfectly well placed and connected, so I had nothing to fear. My eyes were searching for both the boat and big groups of the fishes. I was a bit tired, I was not in one of the knights, I didn't wanted an accident with the methane bubbles. It was safer for me to just use a diving mask and simply head out. It was calm, which made it even creepier. As I swam I noticed that there was a submarine standing near me. I couldn't quite see it well since the distance made it a tad bit blurry. My legs sort of protested as I swam closer and closer towards the submarine. Never would I have believed that the submarine was the Dark Orca. It was there in steel and wires, and surely Finn would be there. I hadn't seen him at all, and it had been like three weeks since everyone found out. My cheeks felt warm and soon I realized I was blushing.

      I wanted to just turn around, after all, his family didn't knew me well. But I had a duty to notify them of the methane bubbles, and also I didn't wanted Finn to get hurt. As I made my way towards the submarine I had to avoid various big bubbles. Legs burning and my face was a blushing mess, but I still made it to their moon pool. I pounded on it loudly, I heard some whirring sounds and soon I was inside. Once I reached the surface I took out my diving mask, both Finn and Madeline were there. I blushed even more when I saw his amazing smirk. There were three more pirates, probably in order to attack me in order I did something wrong.

      "What are you doing here?" Madeline asked out of the blue.

      "I am here to warn you about the bubbles that are coming from the ocean floor" I said as I shook my head a bit.

      "What about the bubbles? Aren't they simple air?" one of the pirates asked as he frowned.

      "I am afraid not, they are the reason why so many boats have sunk here. These bubbles were formed by methane" I said as I shivered a bit, the water here was a bit colder.

      "Isn't that the gas that is toxic?" Finn asked me as two of the pirates nodded at each other.

      "Yes, it's also highly flammable. We already almost lost the Aronnax to it, please be careful in this area and leave as soon as possible. We are trying to make this area avoidable in the maps with WOA" I finished explaining as I smiled a bit.