Malfoy Manor

Quick info:

squibs aren't that frowned upon by purebloods in my story. Specially when they're pure pure like Petunia is! But Lucius still doesn't like her because of it! Also random P.O.V from Dahlia, I was trying this out when I began writing this and it would take too long to change it.

.

.

.

The rest of the week went by painfully slow. I had already read all of my books for my first year at Hogwarts, and had even gone above and beyond and read the majority of the second year material. 

I was absolutely enthralled by the complexity and mesmerizing theories each subject held. I would eat my own shoe if I didn't end up being top of my class. It was my Aunt who had given me that extra push I needed.

I needed to really commit to my studies, if I wanted to rightfully represent my family, to the best of my abilities.

My aunt had come in to my room, minutes after we got back from Diagon alley. She had sat on my bed and watched me unpack and organize all my new books and supplies.

She had told me how much I resembled my mother, not just by appearance but also by the way I acted. She spoke highly of her, of my mother. I was informed how she was top of her class. Never making below an O in any given subject. My Aunt told me how no one compared to her and her natural abilities. No one besides my father. They were both top of their class. Battling it out for the top spot. But my Mother always won.

Being informed with all of this really pushed me to be the best I could be. I just had to. I was my Mother's and Father's daughter. I was Dahlia Lillian Potter, heiress to more gold than anyone could dream of, I was pure in every way, shape and form. Even in blood.

I had taken it upon myself to read every book I could find on my ancestry. I was a bit surprised at the way the wizarding world viewed my family. My Mums side, the Evans, and my Father's side, the Potters, were part of The Sacred Twenty Eight. They were practically wizarding royalty and therefore so was I.

Nothing except the very best was expected of me. I took the liberty to read up on my Mother and learned how she been made prefect in her last 2 years of school and Head Girl alongside my Father in their last year at Hogwarts. I swore to myself right then and there that I would follow in their footsteps and make them proud.

To be the best of the best, I would of course have to be knowledgeable. Which I already was in the muggle world. But in the wizarding world it was a different story. If I had to admit I was still a bit lost. But that didn't stop me from memorizing as much as I could. It was a tedious thing but very much necessary in my eyes. I learned all the customs and proper etiquette a young pureblood witch should know. No one would know that I had really learned it all in a week. I would make sure of it.

My Aunt had stepped up once again and had begun helping me. She quizzed me about various subjects whenever she wasn't busy. With all the knowledge she had learnt from books and some knowledge she had of her own from her olden days. I was truly grateful.

Halfway through the week we received an owl from the Malfoy's. This had upset my Uncle and cousin, but my Aunt had reassured them that they mustn't worry, that this was the new normal for them.

Aunt Petunia read the letter than passed it on to me with an amused smile on her face.

___________________________