Formation of a trio

I really am going through every chapter while procrastinating the writing of a new one lol

.

.

.

The weekend flew by and before Dahlia knew it, it was Monday morning once again. And there she was sitting and eating breakfast at the Great Hall awaiting her first flying lesson with the Gryffindorks.

"Can you just imagine the Dumbfounded facial expression they're all going to have on their face when they see you fly, Dahlia" Draco sniggered as he dug into his scrambled eggs.

Dahlia smirked and finished stirring her tea. "I'll etch it into memory"

They both laughed and missed the intrigued expression on Theo's face.

"Dahlia! A lady doesn't fly! You must remain on the ground at all times or you'll risk tainting your image of delicacy" Daphne whined.

Draco choked on his orange juice and turned to Dahlia, who had an annoyed expression on her face. But before she could snap back Theo jumped in.

"Her flying and rather well from what I've heard, won't taint her in any way, Daphne. On the contrary it will make her look tougher and honestly that's what all of us need as first years" he finished winking at a grateful looking Dahlia.

Daphne looked as if she wanted to argue back but one look at Dahlia had her turning around and picking up conversation with Pansy.

Dahlia whispered a quick thanks to Theo and turned her attention back to Draco.

"Lets stand right by Weasley and Granger when we go out to the fields. I want them to see us showing them up, once again" she said arrogantly.

Draco nodded and was about to reply when he caught sight of an owl approaching them.

Well approaching Pansy. Dahlia watched on curiously as Pansy unwrapped her package and pulled out an expensive looking compact mirror.

"Oh Merlin, dad always said he would give me this one day, but I didn't think he'd give it to me so early on" Pansy squealed as all the girls looked on enviously.

Curiosity kill the cat, and that's why Dahlia had speak up rather than hold her tongue.

"That's a beautiful compact, Pansy. I hope you don't mind me asking but why is it so important to you?" She asked in the most compassionate voice she could muster.

Pansy smiled slightly and edged herself closer to Dahlia,

"It was my Mum's before she died, my dad got it for her as one of her engagement gifts. She never went anywhere without it. Having it means so much to me, it's as if I have a part of her here with me" she finished her voice wavering at the end.

Dahlia was touched and sensing the sadness in Pansy's voice she grabbed her hand under the table and squeezed.

"She will always be with you, Pansy. Don't doubt it"

Pansy smiled at her and looked around the table. Everyone was observing them but it was clear that no one heard their little conversation. She was thankful for that and for Dahlia Potter.

.

.

.

After breakfast was over Dahlia and the rest of the Slytherin first years could be seen rushing to the quidditch field for their lesson.