Final Decision

Re-wrote this chapter because it was annoying me! and was honestly making me procrastinating this whole story. I went back through all the chapters and edited them to make them in my opinion better. 

.

.

.

The remainder of the year flew by and next thing Dahlia knew it was time for final exams.

The written parts of the exams were a breeze, she had no doubts about any of it.

The most challenging exam for her was definitely Herbology – She had to write an essay on the attributes and anatomy of Honking Daffodils. It wasn't that she hadn't covered them, just that it was difficult to take notes over all the noise. She knew that at least for next year, she would need a better Herbology partner than Pansy, who refused to touch any plants.

Dahlia, was extremely proud of her practical exams.

In charms she was able to make her pineapple tap dance across her desk, and got bonus points because the pineapple finished with a slide and a tip of an imaginary hat with one of its leaves. Professor Flitwick had clapped excitedly for her.

In potions Snape had praised her Forgetfulness potion, and had made the extra effort of using her potion to taunt the rest of the class. He had assured her that she was by far the most competent student he'd ever had, from Snape that was basically the highest praise you could achieve. 

In Transfiguration she very proudly presented McGonagall with her ex-mouse now-snuffbox at the end of her test with her. It had a lovely filigree pattern on it. She had received a rare smile from the strict professor as her quill was never picked up to deduct any points whatsoever.

History of Magic was her last exam and she was calmed by the fact that the questions were almost word by word to the textbook, she refrained from giving word by word answers, knowing that would only annoy Professor Bins.  

Overall, it was a successful end to her first year studies.

As soon as they were released from their last exam, Dahlia, Draco, Theo, Daphne, Blaise and Pansy headed outside to enjoy the warm summer day.

They sat underneath a tree, that provided enough shade for all them and relaxed.

"Summer plans?" Dahlia asked out loud as she leaned against the trunk of the tree. 

Daphne smirked as she hung her hair up, "Well besides the fact that a certain red head will be joining me for the first week of summer, my family is going to visit my Aunt in the states"

"Ah yes, summer with the Greengrass', looking forward to meeting the lovely sister you rave about" Dahlia joked.

"You won't be calling her lovely after you meet her, she's an insufferable brat" Daphne mocked glared.

Dahlia chuckled as she turned her attention the rest.

"Father and I are going to one of our summer homes in the south of France, so all you guys better write me or I might just die of boredom!" Pansy whined.

The group laughed at Pansy's dramatics.

"I'll probably stay home and read all summer" Theo casually said.

Draco groaned and elbowed him, "No, you're coming to Malfoy Manor and will allow me to teach you the joys of quidditch"

"Yes! Do that!" Dahlia chimed in.

Theo rolled his eyes, "Fine, ruin my summer of research" He said as he failed to hide his pleased smile.

"As you have all just heard I will have Theo over for the majority of the summer and will be polishing my quidditch moves for next year, as I will be joining the team" Draco smugly said.