5 The Ice Castle

POV Jack

Two years later still no sign of the girl. Gladly now it is summer so I actually have time to search for her since world doesn’t need winter at the moment. Again I am flying around the world and now smell the salty sea air. I haven’t searched near this place yet since I don’t go that close to places that are near the ocean. You know how difficult it is to freeze ocean? It is almost impossible since there is the salt and the waves. The cold air that I send near these places usually has done the trick and the winter has been milder in here.

This place seemed to be a kingdom which was celebrating something. I stood on the rooftop and watched people rushing inside of an enormous palace and seeming happy. I shrug my shoulders and decided to check out the neighborhood. No people were in their homes, everyone was at the party.

I had to really try that I wouldn’t actually freeze something while walking around the kingdom. It would be weird if things started to frost in the middle of the summer! Hah! Then I let the wind take me back to upper air when I reached a forest. I had heard screams from the castle but they were over, maybe they were excited of something? Now I am just spending my time here and waiting until the people go to their homes. When they sleep I will do my research and see if this is the place where the girl is from. The girl who must be in her twenties now.. I really need to find her before she is a granny and also has dementia!

When I turned my back to face the kingdom and a castle I saw an opening in the forest below me. My heart started to beat wildly in my chest, am I remembering something? Slowly I flew near to it and then saw a pond, no it was the pond.  Just before I started to land on the shore of the pond that was so familiar to me from my lost memories I felt a chilling wind hit my back. A chilly wind, wait.. How is it possible?

Just in matter of seconds I flipped over to watch the direction where the wind came. “Odd,” I whispered to myself since I didn’t make the wind. My eyes looked at the kingdom they call Arendelle and I saw it freezing rapidly. “Kangaroo will definitely kill me, “ I murmured and really had to do some inner soul searching.

Then it hit me, it really wasn’t my doing. The cold air was ascending from the nearby mountains, “I need to find out what is going on.” Quickly I started to fly to mountains and was amazed to the thing that I saw. Grounds weren’t plain anymore since a gigantic castle was appearing from nowhere. The craziest thing was that it was solid ice, “Wow!” I exhaled and just stayed floating in the air and staring at the astonishing sight for few moments. I saw a girl at the balcony and I really felt like she might have the explanation for this. Quickly I flew almost faster than the wind which carries me to inside of the icy palace.

POV Elsa

Now I was alone and able to do as I please. Confidence was filling the inside of me for the first time in ages. The coronation ceremony ended in disaster but I think I will be just fine without other people, without Anna. I am 20 years old so an adult, adults can manage themselves, right? After I had sang my song of “Let it go” I took a moment to just stand there before turning around and walking inside.

When the door shut I realized that there was a boy standing in front of me and holding a stick. The insecurity was rushing inside of me once again. He was smiling and wearing a hood to cover his head. Then he spoke, “This is amazing! Where did this come from? Who are you anyway?” He blasted out questions and i just stared at him feeling terrified. “LEAVE!” I yelled and he seemed puzzled. He made a gesture to try to calm me down, ”hey, take it easy. Just want to know few things. That is all.. “

“Who are you?” I hissed between my teeth. ”Just go away! Leave” I almost begged him and he was moving closer to me. “Just calm down miss… Wait you can actually see-,“ his sentence was cut off when I lost control. His eyes were terrified when a blizzard was blasted from me and towards him. “No,” I whispered because I was afraid that I hurt him.

Then a loud laughter came behind of me. He was behind of me, he avoided the hit somehow. “How-,” then his laughter started to wake up something inside of me. A lost memory..  The memory of a hero, hero who I met once in my past. ”Jack Overland?” I whispered and was still in shock.  

“Haha, no I’m Jack Fr-,” I startled him when I turned around quickly. The hood had fallen off from his head and I noticed the white messy type of over-long hair and surprisingly blue eyes. Is he really him, my memory of him shows that he had brown hair and eyes. The laughter definitely is the same.. but.. he is different somehow.

A smirk was forming to his face, “that thing you did was amazing!” He was complimenting me? Why he is not feeling scared because of me like everyone else is, like I am? He chuckled, “Aren’t you a quiet personality,” now he smiled. “So.. I am looking for someone from my past.. she was little girl 14 years ago with platinum blonde hair and I guess she lived around here. I was helping her out when -,” his words started to blurry on my mind when I started to realize that he must be him, Jack Overland. But how? My eyes wide from misbelieve, could it be him?

Carefully i looked to his blue eyes and felt the calmness coming to me, like when i met Jack Overland, the boy who rescued me once. The smile was the last thing I remembered him by and now this hoodie wearing snow white haired boy was smiling like he did. It is him! My heart bounced loudly in my chest when I realized that he is alive and standing in front of me. I didn’t hear what he spoke to me after he started to talk about the little girl, about me. He isn’t dead was the thought in my mind when I run to give him a quick hug and my eyes were watering, he didn’t die at all. “Thank you,” I whispered to him and he responded with simple “Uh,” when my body pressed against his and I gave him the tightest hug. That was my first hug to anyone in years.

Then his laughter woke me up from my soft state of mind. His body almost vibrated while he laughed. What am I doing? I got scared when I realized that he was too close to me. He might get hurt because of me.