Jim Returns

(Sherlock)

When I woke up, I realized that John was still asleep. Barely opening my eyes, I saw that it was only 5:37. Why had I woken up so early? I hadn't been on my old sleeping pattern of not sleeping for days in 2 years, so there must be a reason. A few seconds later, I realized why; John wasn't the only other person in the room.

Turning slowly, I saw a gun pointed directly at my head. I then heard someone say in a deep voice,

"Get up Sherlock. Jim says he wants to talk."

Slowly, I climbed out of my bed, careful not to wake John. The mystery man pushed me forward with the gun, and I complied. Carefully, so as not to let the man see, I dropped a small note that I had made, just in case something like this had happened. As we walked, the man grabbed the bag and handcuffs that had been in his pocket, we made our way to the elevator.

In the lobby, the receptionist had fallen asleep, and I could see that the cameras had been disabled. So much for a rescue attempt, I thought. Outside, the man shoved me into a black car, and after securing the bag on my head, we took off. Of course, the man didn't know that I was a very good detective, and remembered the exact way we went, taking 2 rights, a left and another right before going straight the rest of the way. He chuckled, probably realizing his mistake before announcing,

"I know that you think you're clever, Sherlock Holmes, trying to figure out where we are going, but it won't help you any. You'll be dead before you could tell anyone where we are headed." He seemed very pleased with himself, as though he would be the one killing me, but I knew that James wouldn't let him. I had just begun to not know where we were headed when we made a final left turn, and stopped.

"Alright Freak, out you go" he barked out. I almost fell, but I caught myself right before I stubbed my toe on something. A cement something. Stairs, most likely. Groaning softly, I lifted my foot up and walked up the stairs, with the man's guidance.

"Honey, is that you?" A very high pitched man's voice said. I would know that voice anywhere; it was Jim.

(John)

I shivered as I sat up in the bed. Where was Sherlock? He couldn't have gotten up yet, he only woke up before 11 when there was a case to work. I stretched, and quickly got up to search for Sherlock. When I entered the living room of the hotel, I could tell something was off. There was a cold feeling, and a strange scent lingering in the air. I slowly scanned the hotel, looking for any sign proving that my suspicions were correct. After an hour of scanning, I couldn't find anything, so I walked into the bathroom to shower.

After my shower, I walked out of the room and realized that I had somehow missed something huge. There was a white sheet of paper laying on the floor in the bedroom. How had I missed this? I knew I wasn't as good as Sherlock at finding things, but I should have seen the paper! I opened it and began to read;

"Dear John, If you are reading this, something has happened to me. Most likely it is Moriarty, but I need you to come and find me. I know this might be a burden on you, but I hope you can do this for my sake"

-SH

It was labeled just how he labeled his texts, so I knew something was off. He normally signed everything in his flowy quick scrawl, so why was he doing it like this now? Then I realized it didn't matter and called Greg. After the second ring, he picked up his phone.

"Hello?" He sounded busy, but I didn't care.

"It's John Greg. He's missing." I heard him curse in the distance, then he turned back to the phone.

"We'll look into it immediately." My phone clicked off. Everything around me began to lose focus, and the last thing I remember is falling onto the floor, and hearing a distant thud somewhere nearby.

AN: Hey guys, sorry I haven't been very consistent with my uploads, I've been very bust with school and sports. Thank you all for over 100 views! I thought only my friends would read it, but seeing as I don't have that many friends, I'm guessing that some new people have seen my story and read it. Thank you all for reading my first attempt at writing!