FOUR

"She never looked nice. She looked like art, and art wasn't supposed to look nice; it was supposed to make you feel something."

- R.R -

R -

~

"They were definitely up to something." Lily thought out loud, tapping her quill against her chin. Violet could practically see the cogs of her mind spinning overdrive.

Anne nodded excitedly, her earrings swinging.

"Whatever it was, I don't want to know." Violet sighed, dragging a hand through her curly hair (said hand getting caught, and a desperate struggle to free it ensued). "I've had enough of the four of them already."

Anne wiggled her eyebrows: 

"You love them really."

Violet threw a ball of parchment at Anne's face, like a quaffle, who swatted it away wildly. She stuck her tongue out cheekily when her friend glared at her.

"Please try not to kill each other," Lily smiled, rolling up her parchment carefully.

"Don't worry, Lily-Kins we won't forget you!"

"Hooray." Lily said dryly "c'mon lets go get dinner."

"Great! I'm starving." Anne cheered, stacking up her books.

***

The three friends walked down the corridor, their steps synchronized. 

Violet couldn't help but smile, as she brushed her hair from her eyes. Together they had helped each other through their years at Hogwarts, becoming as close as sisters. All three were muggle borns- strengthening their pact to protect each other. Especially in these darkening times...

Voldemort was on the rise. 

It wasn't a secret. There were murmurs through the student body, articles in the news of tragic events. It had become a regular occurrence for students to cry when the owl post came. Although it terrified Violet, she knew that if the time came she would give everything to prevent Voldemort. She would fight him and his 'deatheaters'. Although she was not as brave as a Gryffindor, she would not stand and watch as the wizarding world she loved was consumed by darkness. Everyday she scoured books desperately for some hint, some trick, to help defeat the so called Dark Lord.