FOURTEEN

"You already know how this is going to end."

~

Two weeks later Violet was stood in a booth in the girls changing room soaking, freezing and exhausted. She squeezed the rain out of her ponytail. The third Quidditch practice of the season had just finished, which Collin Farey (the Ravenclaw Quidditch captain) had refused to cancel despite the raging storm. If they wanted a head start, he had screeched at them when anyone dared voice a complaint, they had to beat Gryffindor next week. Needless to say it had been a blur of rain and wind that had left the entire team demoralized.

Peeling off her Quidditch uniform, that had clung to her like a second skin, Violet shivered.
She hurriedly dried herself with a towel, threw on her dry clothes and stepped into the main area of the room. Amelia Long,  a Ravenclaw Beater, was also there drying her hair in front of the mirror with her wand. Her and Violet were the only girls on the Ravenclaw Quidditch team this year, and despite Amelia being a year older the pair got on well. Amelia grinned at her fellow team members reflection in the mirror.

"Well played tonight, Jones." Amelia winked, flicking her now dry (totally envy worthy) black hair over her shoulder.

Violet winked back.

"Right back at you, Long."

The pair burst into laughter. Violet hung her kit up on her peg and did a quick drying spell on her hair. Her dry hair felt comfortably warm against her shoulders, a sharp contrast to the chilling air.

"Farey is taking captain to the extreme- he's a bloody menace!" Amelia moaned, causing Violet to giggle again.

"I hate him for it, but if it means we get to see Potter's shocked face when we beat Gryffindor next week it's worth it." The younger girl grinned as she packed her bag.

"To true." Amelia nodded seriously "Make sure you take the quaffle from him."

"I'll try my best." 

Amelia ruffled her hair, sending the younger girl dodging away shrieking. Still grinning, the pair threw on their coats and buttoned them to their chins in a futile attempt to prevent the cold outside sinking into their bones. Upon leaving the changing room, the wind whipped their hair and rain sprayed their cheeks. Violet groaned and moved forward with her head faced to the ground.

"So Jones, what's the deal with you and Black?"

Violet stumbled slightly, choking on air. She coughed briskly.