☉ THIRTEEN ☉

"Not Mr. Snuggles the Third!"

    Yugyeom couldn't have been more confused.

    Mark had found Jackson not too long after he had talked to Yugyeom and Jaebum, and now the six of them were gathered in the toy aisle, watching Jackson cradle a FurReal Friend in his arms on the floor as Bambam played "See You Again" from his phone. Jinyoung was patting him on the back from a distance... with a mop stick.

    "What a cruel world we live in!" Jackson cried out, and Yugyeom just glanced around at the others, who either looked bored or annoyed.

    "What's going on?" He finally decided to ask the person nearest to him, very quietly, what the actual fuck was going on. That person happened to be Bambam.

    "That toy he's holding has been here for, like, three years or something and nobody would buy it, so Jackson put batteries in it and grew way too attached to it for a guy in his twenties," the shorter replied. "The battery died a half hour ago and now he's acting like its dead because he's actually stupid."

    Yugyeom had to stop himself from wheezing because that was literally the dumbest thing he had ever heard in his entire life.

    "Ok, Jackson, time to say goodbye," Jinyoung said, stepping closer to the guy and grabbing onto the toy. After pulling on it and realizing that Jackson wasn't giving it up, he frowned. "Let it go," he said through gritted teeth, pulling a few more times before Jackson finally released it. "Mr. Snuggles is a dead dog now."

    "Why don't we just get new batteries- shit!" Yugyeom doubled over as Bambam elbowed him in the stomach, whispering a "shut the fuck up before I gouge your eyes out with a straw."

    "I'd like to keep my eyes, thank you very much," Yugyeom growled, rubbing at his stomach as Jinyoung disappeared with the toy, probably headed towards the dumpster out back.

    "This is so stupid..." Jaebum muttered. Obviously, it wasn't quiet enough, because Jackson just began to sob even louder.

As Yugyeom was about to open his mouth, and say something stupid no doubt, a very panicked announcement was made over the store's intercom.

"Attention all staff! There is a code red in progress! I repeat, there is a code red in progress!"

Yugyeom, obviously very confused and very irritated from the funeral he just had to attend, looked over at his remaining coworkers, wondering what the hell was going on. Upon seeing their alarmed expressions, without even knowing the reason behind them, Yugyeom's stomach dropped.

"Is something bad happening?" he asked, his voice cracking. He refused to admit that it was out of fear, so for the sake of his pride, he linked his voice cracking to his throat being dry.

As if in response to his question, an abrupt shriek resonated throughout the entire store. It had seemed to come from somewhere around the front doors of the store, but moments later, one of the guys from the cosmetics counter (Yugyeom thought his name was Wonpil, though it could really be anything at this point considering that Jackson's inability to remember names was rubbing off on him) came rushing into the aisle, eyes wild with fear.

"You guys, save yourselves," he rasped out. He then walked over to Jaebum, who was still pissed from the joke of a funeral they just put on, and shook him back and forth. "They're going to kill us all!"

The few customers that were in the aisle looked perfectly calm, and just regarded Wonpil's frantic actions with a "why-do-I-still-shop-here-when-the-staff-is-crazy-this-would-never-happen-at-walmart" look.