???~Mystery Character #2 (preview)~???

Sorry that it's not completely finished and for having such a rough sketch. I wasn't feeling up to it and decided to continue later or tomorrow. I wanted to show you a preview though before I finish. The shoes and gloves definitely need finishing.
This is an emperor penguin named Gwendal. Anyone who knows of Gwendal the Hedgehog's past remember him? He was a non-anthropomorphic penguin and was named Gwendal by Nameless which was the Hedgehog's "name" since he didn't have one.

In the past, Gwendal the Penguin was his only friend and became his pet to keep him company on the streets. Nameless used to steal for the poor but one day he met Split and Phantom which asked him to join them. Awhile later, Nameless remembered Gwendal and asked to go get him. When he returned the people on the streets with him, being highly dependent on him at this point, asked if he brought food. Nameless apologized, saying no, but this angered the crowd. They then decided to kill Gwendal and eat the penguin then. Gwendal tried to save his friend as he tried pushing people away and in his panic, beat up some people badly though it was kind of an accident. Not only did he get his curse around this moment but his friend was killed and Gwendal was devastated. Now, Gwendal had adopted his penguin's name in remembrance.

(Didn't come out exactly as I wanted but I think it looks great)In an alternate dimension now, Nameless had saved Gwendal the Penguin

In an alternate dimension now, Nameless had saved Gwendal the Penguin. Though, in the future, the Penguin foiled a plan of Dr. Eggman's and saved the Menaces by being quite the smart and trained penguin. Though, Nameless' life was taken during his escape as his friends made it out. Eggman captured the creature, angered now, but then had a plan. He experimented on the penguin and transformed him into anthropomorphic penguin. He took control of Gwendal and made him fight the Menaces. One day however after Phantom knocks him unconscious, Sonic and Tails find him then end up making him good again (which actually Gwendal can considered neutral). He is offered to stay with the heroes and Gwendal has to make a tough choice but ends up staying with the Menaces for his own personal reasons such as to take care of them.

Phew! That was a lot! What do you guys think???