Chapter 16

"Okay how about we talk about your family?" My therapist, Dr. Sherman, asked

I sighed "What if I don't want to?"

"Well I'm not forcing you to say anything, I just think it would be better for you if you started talking it rather than keep it all bottled up inside. So what would you like to talk about instead?"

I sighed again and looked out the window "I guess I can talk about them"

"Ah, good for you Cecilia!" He exclaimed "Please, tell me how you feel about what happened"

I looked at him "Well they left me at a hospital because I 'didn't trust them enough to tell them before that Aiden cheated on me and that I was pregnant'. I didn't even know I was pregnant! They said they only stayed to help for a little until they had enough of 'my lies' and left me. So I guess I'm feeling pretty bad about them"

"We all handle news in different ways. Maybe that's their weird way of showing you that they care"

I scoffed "You're joking right? If they cared they would've called and asked how I was. If they cared they would've showed up to my house and said sorry. If they cared they would've stayed in that hospital and helped me through the worst moment of my life"

"I'm going to give you a paper. It's called 7 Concepts. We both know that you're strong but you choose not to see it that way. Which is completely normal. You just need... a little encouragement. Now, these are just suggestions, you are free change them however you please to better suit you and how you feel but when I found this, I thought of you" He rolled his chair over to his desk and fished through the papers until he found what he was looking for. He rolled in front of me and handed me the paper "I hope you take these into consideration"

We finished up and I walked out to my car. When I got in I decided to read the paper

7 Concepts:

1.) Make peace with your past so it doesn't spoil your future

2.) What others think of you is none of your business

3.) Time heals almost everything

4.) No one is the reason for your happiness except yourself

5.) Don't compare your life with others, you have no idea what their journey looks like

6.) Stop thinking too much, it's alright not to know all the answers

7.) Smile, you don't own all the problems in the world