T W O

"You know I don't feed on humans

"You know I don't feed on humans."

"Yeah, right." Lawrence nodded mockingly. "An animal diet is the definition of vegetarian nowadays. Shame though, she's delicious - more for me, then." The pirate turned away, shrugging, and gestured for Selena to come closer.

"We need you're help - my family and I."

He stopped in his tracks, "And why would I help your coven, Carlisle? Wherever it is you feed now. Don't tell me! A quaint little town, a mealfull of mortal know-it-alls and handful of racists?"

The other vampire, now known as Carlisle, moved to defend his current home and the people living there but Lawrence, once again, ignored him. The pirate captain tutted, "Don't tell me I'm wrong, Carly. You know I hate liars."

Carlisle ignored the jab, and tried again, "Let the human go, and we can talk about this." The vampire was too compassionate - a strange and uncommon trait in the undead - trying to save the brainless human from his 'friend'.

Lawrence tutted again, gently drawing her closer like a lover in a waltz. With her back pressed against the predator, Selena sighed and relaxed into him. The pirate swept her hair to side, fingers gently running over her skin. He nestled his nose in the curve of her neck and inhaled deeply, "You're loosing my attention, darling, and I'm famished right now. Better pray you make this interesting, before I do."

"It's the Volturi." Whilst Carlisle's composure never seemed to change, Captain Oliver's head shot up from his meal, suddenly finding himself too intrigued to eat - a rare occurrence.

"Oh? A fight? Well, why didn't you start with that?" The venomous words he spoke were almost always hidden in layers of sweet melodies, but even he couldn't hide his interest.

"It won't come to that. Not if we have enough witnesses."

The pirate hummed, it was almost condescending. "Clearly you've never been to war."

"Please, they think my granddaughter is an immortal child but she was born, she grows more everyday."

He was taken aback at how the righteous man pleaded for his help, and Lawrence wasn't sure that could find room in his stilled heart to turn him away.

Lawrence ducked his head back into the woman's neck and he could practically feel Carlisle's disappointed sigh. "Go home," he whispered, "clean your wound, forget this ever happened. You just hurt yourself on some glass when you were bathing, do we understand each other, Selena?" Selena nodded and left, much to the confusion of his light haired companion. "Where to next, Carly?"

Carlisle began to beam, "You're coming?"

"I owed you, now I don't." he lied, walking home to get his things.

The sad thing was, no one would ever question that Lawrence Oliver only did kind things to settle debts, rather than the possibility that anything had touched his frozen heart.

*****
476 words.

I can't wait until I can show y'all how gay Lawrence is. I'm actually very excited.