F I V E

Lawrence growled, daringly, waiting for the big dogs to approach

Lawrence growled, daringly, waiting for the big dogs to approach. They weren't that far away, and they could probably be heard from miles around as they trampled their path through the forest. Licking his lips in anticipation, he realised that he was genuinely excited about a real, life-threatening fight. Of course, he'd never been a stranger to events like these - but after becoming a vampire, the thrill of danger lessened. The curse of immortality, he supposed.

But wolves, were finally a real threat and his excitement had him shaking in his skin, and his heart felt like it was beating again. Would the Volturi give him the same rush?
Only God above could know how Lawrence was able to live without it for so long.

The wolves closed in and the vampire seemed to feel every breath they took, every beat their hearts made, and every ounce of hatred that consumed them. Wolves and Vampires were natural enemies, but their rage and need for war only made them alike. So why did they want to rip each other limb from limb? What was so important?

The cause.

Shifters hungered and fought savagely for their right to live, and Vampires lived and fought for their savage hunger.

As man who had lead others to their deaths many times, though often regretfully, Lawrence knew the truth about The Cause. It was a creative lie that Kings told soldiers so that they would willingly pick up arms and die for him.

So, no, Lawrence didn't agree with having a cause - he believed in being alive. But he also believed in having fun. Fortunately for him, fighting came under both those headings.

When the mutts finally reached him, they slowed down. As a predator, he knew what they were doing. They were savouring the moment before the kill, as they would savour the moment after.

But then, Lawrence not so sure any more. They stood and growled at the other side of the river bank, almost like their was a barrier holding them a way. Were they not allowed to cross the river? Lawrence figured it was something to do with the Cullens, but he knew he would never bother to find out.

Behind him, he heard them run through the forest and the Captain and the wolves remained still until the golden-eyes arrived behind him.

"Please," began Carlisle, "we are to fight together. There should be no bloodshed between us."

Carlisle made a good point, strong allies were rare on occasions like this. Lawrence nodded once, then he walked away. The group stared at him strangely, wondering why he'd give up so easily. The pirate figured that an explanation wouldn't hurt anyone (though deep down, he wished it would). "I'm going to get something to eat."

The wolves growled again whilst the Cullens frowned at him.

"Relax." he commanded gently, using his gift. They did as they were told. "It's only human food."

Normally, the group would have tensed up again in their misunderstanding, but his gift worked wonders over their criticism. So whilst his gift rendered them tongue-tied, Lawrence headed back to the Coven's home.

*****
528 words.

I'm a slut for musicals so I've been preoccupied with fanfic for that. Sorry.