curse me, this foolish destiny

jimin woke up in a white bright room

jimin woke up in a white bright room. he blinked his eyes several times to adjust the sudden blaring brightness. a white blanket tucked him in a bed and an iv are connected to his hand.

"where am i?" jimin hoarse. he turn to the right side and saw a glass of water on a side table. judging by the surroundings he knows he's in the hospital but why?

without thinking twice he reached the glass and gulped the water down his throat. his hand tremble lightly while holding the empty glass. he can feel the sensation in his throat when the lukewarm water run down his throat.

"oh you woke up." a nurse dresses in white came in with a tray in her hand. she smiles at jimin and proceed to check his iv tube.

"why am i here?" jimin croaked. he coughed really hard that the nurse have to help him by handing another glass of water. she waited jimin to stop coughing before continue to answer his question.

"you and your friend collapsed on the road, you suffered hm lets see." the young women said as she scan a board at the end of jimin's bed.

"malnutrition, dehydration and—" she paused making jimin sit up and gazed at the nurse eyes.

"cystic fibrosis." the nurse look at jimin who's now pale on the bad. he never thought his constant cough is a fatal disease. he didn't think drowning can cause him nearby death time.

"you said me and my friend right? where is him? is he fine." jimin uttered already halfway fine with his current condition but he promised he wont forgive himself if his other friend are not fine.

"your friend is fine, he's still unconscious but his condition are better than you."

"i mean he just suffered dehydration."

jimin quaffed and nodded his head trying to assure the nurse that he'll be fine and just need a moment. the young women did a final check and ticked few things on the paper clipped onto a clipboard. after making sure the nurse is gone he took out the iv needle from his skin. he wipe the blood using the hospital provided blanket. jimin changed himself into the piece of clothing he was in and exit the 6-bed ward.

his eyes wandered to each ward to see if he can find hoseok ward. fortunately its only seven rooms skipped from his ward. jimin glance at the charts and saw only hoseok name, probably hoseok warded by himself too but why is it so far from his room?

jimin knocked the room before enter it with his right leg. he then saw hoseok laying on the white hospital bed unconscious. just like him, an iv attached to his hand. he then took a seat to the bed next to him. just then he realized why there's only two of them? there's no way the others going to left them if they collapse.

jimin was brainstorming his head when he saw hoseok's eyes flutter opened. he reached the pillow on the bed he was sitting and stand in front of hoseok with the pillow behind his back ready to hit hoseok. different from his expectations, hoseok actually hit him first with the pillow.

both of them fell on the ground laughing with all the feathers flying around. hoseok placed his hand on jimin hand intertwining them."your hand is cold." hoseok muttered still interlacing their hands. jimin nodded his head and doesn't pull his hand away.

"but why is there only two of us here? where's the other." jimin asked with a smile that wont remove from his face. hoseok gulped and let go jimin's hand making the latter stumbled.

"i dont know, i— i don't remember." said hoseok brushing both of his hand together as he sit up. jimin follow hoseok and sit next to him looking at the butterfly shadow in front of them. they admire the shadow of a butterfly caused by an inflated iv tube shadow.

"hyung— hm, nothing." jimin stopped, thinking that hoseok will get worried about his condition.

"what is it you had in your mind?" hoseok asked looking at jimin concerns. jimin shook his head and pulled hoseok so both of them fell on the floor covered by white feathers.

 jimin shook his head and pulled hoseok so both of them fell on the floor covered by white feathers

jin rebuild a house using poker cards that fell on the ground. he put another piece on the house and again it collapsed. jin picked the cards and rebuild the house of cards again.

tears trickle down his cheeks. he picked the card and arrange it again only causing it to collapse again. jin's hand tremble as he put a butterfly shaped stained card on the top of his house. this time the house of cards did not subside, instead it stay.

jin flails around the empty messy room. he look down on his chest and saw red x-mark. he remembered yoongi saying he don't want jin to be in his dream and forced taehyung's another character to draw a big x-mark on him.

he shook his head trying to forget that incident. no matter what jin will and always be the group mastermind. he know he have the power to control everyone as the eldest. he leaned on a wall without noticing that he was leaning on a piece of jungkook's old graffiti which is a picture of butterfly with a bird wings.

the light blinks and suddenly explode. jin close his eyes.