Chapter Two

"There is a new guy coming to our school today." Niall tells Harry, as the two friends make their way down the sidewalk, headed to their school. Green eyes fall to the sweater that covers the upper half of his body, a pretty lilac color that he doesn't typically wear. He usually sticks to darker colors - black, navy blue, dark red - so that he doesn't draw unnecessary attention to himself. 

"And you know this how?" Harry asks, shooting his friend a side-eyed glance

"And you know this how?" Harry asks, shooting his friend a side-eyed glance. One of his hands reach up, his fingers curling around the strap of his backpack. He pushes it back up from where it's fell down his shoulder and inch or so.

"Because, Harold." Niall purposefully says the name that annoys his friend, hip-checking the curly haired boy. "I know everything." He has a stupid smirk on his face and his eyebrows are waggling ridiculously.

Harry snorts, rolling his eyes skyward. "Whatever, loser." He shoots back sarcastically, pinching Niall's side playfully. They walk up to the double doors of the school about five minutes later, shoving open the door.

The school day goes on like normal. Harry finds out that Niall is right almost as soon as they walk in the doors of the school, but of course he is. Like Harry even doubted him in the first place. The hallway is filled with chatter about the guy, some having already seen him this morning. There's talk about gorgeous cheekbones and fluffy hair, eyes that you could get lost in. Literal walking sex, is one comment he's heard passed around a few times.

Niall and Harry share their first class together and then they part ways, headed to their next classes. Harry doesn't see the guy for his second or third class, doesn't see him at lunch. Niall's already seen him by that time, already talked to him. It's obvious to Harry that his best friend has already developed a crush on him.

Harry walks into his fourth class of the day, English, and takes his normal seat. He lets his eyes fall to the top of his desk, crossing his arms and laying them on it, a sigh slipping out of his lips. Honestly, he's just ready to go home for the weekend.

There's light chatter in the room, but Harry doesn't really pay attention to anything his peers are saying. Amidst all the noise, he hears someone set their stuff down on the floor near him, and he looks up instinctively - as he knows there's not supposed to be anyone sitting near him, that's why he picked this seat - only to see a guy he's never seen before in his life. This must be the new student, he realizes belatedly.

And, the rumors are definitely right. The boy is extremely gorgeous, and he's smiling at Harry, and- oh, is he talking to him? "Sorry, what?" Harry asks quietly, his cheeks flushing bright red when he laughs, though it isn't unkindly.

"I was just introducing myself. Hi, I'm Zayn. The new student. And you are?"

"'m Harry." The curly haired boy introduces himself, taking Zayn's hand when he extends it towards him, shaking it twice.

Zayn starts to sit in the desk next to Harry, before he pauses, turning to Harry. "Does anyone sit here?" When Harry shakes his head, Zayn asks, "Is it cool with you if I sit here? I know how good it is to have a place to yourself in the classroom."

"You can sit there." Harry tells him. A scraping sound fills the room, instantly quieting all of the students. Harry's eyes dart up to the front of the room, seeing the teacher standing up from his chair.

"So, class, get out your books. Today we will be doing..."

Class finishes soon enough and Harry stands up from his chair, picking up his backpack and slinging it over his shoulder. Zayn catches up to him right as he steps out of the classroom, and he's surprised when Zayn slows his pace to match Harry's own.

"You wouldn't happen to be headed to art class next, would you?" Zayn smiles sheepishly at the boy, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.

"I'll show you where it's at," Harry says, gesturing for the dark haired boy to follow him. "It's on my way to my next class anyways."

The walk is quiet, considering Harry's to shy to actually attempt any form of a conversation, and Zayn seems to be perfectly content with the silence. Harry comes to a stop outside the door that leads to the classroom, turning to face Zayn. "This is it," He tells him, his fingers gesturing in the general direction of the room.

"Thank you," Zayn tells him, giving Harry a smile. His fingers land on Harry's shoulder, momentarily squeezing his shoulder before he ducks in the classroom.

Harry continues on his way to his next class, and when he enters the classroom, he finds Niall already in his seat right next to the one that is Harry's.

"Hey, mate!" The blond greets excitedly, overly loud and getting a few looks from the surrounding people.

"Hey, Niall." Harry laughs quietly, dropping his bag to the ground. He slides into the seat, turning in it until he's facing Niall. The angle pushes his knees against the wood of the desk, a bit uncomfortably, but nothing Harry can't handle for a bit.

"Have you got to see the new guy yet?" Niall asks, stretching his legs out and kicking his feet up so that they rest on the small basket beneath Harry's desk.

"Zayn? Yeah, I had last period with him."

"He's so hot, isn't he?"

"Sure." Harry agrees, shrugging his shoulders. The curly haired boy can't help his own grin, though, at the sight of his best friend all happy and heart-eyed over the mere mention of Zayn.

"Alright, class, settle down please." Mr. Harris stands up from his chair, walking around to the front of his desk.

"Oh, hey," Niall whispers, after the teacher has done passed out the work and sat back down. Harry peeks up from where he's writing down his answers, raising his eyebrows as he waits for his friend to continue. "I've been meaning to ask you, have you seen that wolf again since last week?"

Harry's eyebrows scrunch together in confusion, but he shakes his head. "No, I haven't been out to the woods again. You know I don't like going out there by myself."

"I know, H. But you haven't seen it from out your window or something?"

"No," Harry shakes his head, a curl falling in his eyes. He pushes it back, careful to keep the sharp edge of his pencil pointed away from his face. 

Niall shrugs, then his eyes drop to Harry's paper. He nods towards it. "Can I see that after you're done?"

this chapters a little short, im sorry 
twitter. clumsyxhes 
Instagram: toplinson_haz 
tumblr: larrylashtonmalum