Chapter Seven

Harry's pulled out of his slumber by the incessant ringing of his alarm clock. He blinks sleepily, his lips stretching wide with a yawn as a hand fumbles out from beneath the blanket to silence the noise. He groans, rubbing his eyes and rolling over on his back. 

He lays there for a minute, trying to wake himself all the way up, before he pushes himself up so he's sitting, letting the covers fall off of his shoulders, pooling in his lap. He reaches for his phone that's lying on his bedside table, pulling it off of the charger cable and letting the cord fall to the ground. Hitting the home button, he scrolls through the notifications on his phone, running his fingers through his hair once to push the curls out of his eyes, until he comes across a green icon and assumes that it's a message from Niall.

But, it isn't from Niall.

Good morning , darling ! This is Louis .x

The phone nearly slips out of his grasp from shock as the letters on the screen connect in his mind. He feels his cheeks heat up at the sight of the pet name, despite the man not even being present in the room. His fingers tap the sides of his phone mindlessly before he realizes he hasn't responded to Louis yet. He chews on his lip as he types back a message, his eyes reading back over it to make sure everything is spelled correctly. He presses send before he can talk himself out of it.

Good morning :)

Harry makes sure that the message says delivered beneath it before he sets his phone on the bed beside him, laying his head back against his pillow to stretch his limbs out. His phone chimes quietly right as he's tossing his legs over the side of his bed. He scrambles to grab it, the device nearly slipping out of his hands in his haste.

How'd you sleep , love ?

Good and you ?

Harry waits for a minute, phone still grasped in his hands, but a reply doesn't come through. With a sigh, he heads into the bathroom to take a quick shower, starting his process of getting ready for the day. By the time he's dressed and by his phone again, not one, but two messages are on his screen, both of them delivered back to back a few minutes after he had gotten into the shower.

Dreamt of you so I'd say pretty damn good ;)

Have a great day at school H ! xx

Harry's jaw goes slack, heat rushing to his cheeks, as he stares wide-eyed at his phone, his mind racing for a response. But his mind goes blank and, with a sigh, he sets his phone back down and carries on getting ready for school.

-

"I'm not wearing that, Niall." Harry declares, firmly standing his ground on the subject as he crosses his arms over his chest. He raises his eyebrows at his friend, staring him down as his lips turn to the side persistently. He lets his eyes drift back to the outfit Niall picked out; or rather, lack of an outfit he picked out.

"C'mon, H, it'll look so good on you." Niall pleads, widening his eyes to further coax his friend into wearing the sheer white shirt and tight, tight black skinny jeans. Harry only raises one of his eyebrows, unimpressed. So Niall realizes he's getting no where, changes tactics, deciding to go for another approach. "Louis won't be able to take his eyes off you." He insists, barely able to bite back a smug grin when he sees Harry's cheeks turn a light shade of pink. He gestures wildly towards the outfit he has spread out on Harry's bed, trying his best to tempt him into wearing it.

Harry adjusts the towel around his waist, subconsciously tightening his grip on it so that it doesn't slide off of his body, as he shakes his head vehemently. "No, I think you mean it would look incredibly ridiculous on me and everyone, including Louis, would laugh."