Chapter 7 - The Party

Sorry🙏!!!! I know I am very late!!! Here's the next part.

Nandini smirked looking at Manik and thinking about her plan. Suddenly, she stood up saying, 'Guys, I think I should leave. I am not feeling that well.'

Listening to her, Navya too stood up worriedly. She came to Nandini and kept her hands on her shoulders saying, 'What happened Nandini? You were fine sometime back. What happened suddenly?' Everyone else was giving her concerned looks. Even Manik was looking at her intently. She was happy that she finally had Manik's attention.

She looked at him but then quickly looked back at Navya. She said, 'I don't know Navya. It's just a headache, don't worry. I'll be fine. I'm just going home.'

Manik didn't say anything but just kept looking at her. Nandini again glanced at him discreetly. Navya, though, was not convinced. She again said, 'Come, I'll accompany you.' Hearing this, Nandini quickly denied saying, 'Navya, relax! It's nothing serious. Just a headache. I can go on my own.'

Saying this, she glanced at Manik once again and then turned to leave. Though Manik was looking at her, he was not saying anything. Turning back, she said to herself in her mind, 'Now, time for stage 2.' She took a step towards the door and faltered deliberately.

'Nandini!', various voices cried out at once and a pair of hands immediately encircled her waist, providing support to her. She smiled to herself knowing well who it was. Everyone else surrounded her and Navya asked her, 'Nandini! Are you okay?' Now, she felt really guilty for making everyone so worried. She chided Manik in her mind for making her do all this.

She gave a small sheepish smile to everyone and said, 'Guys relax! I'm fine.' All this while, she could feel Manik glaring at her holding her from the back but still he hadn't spoken a word to her. Mukti sarcastically said, 'Yeah, we can see that. How much fine you are! You can't even walk properly! Do one thing, call your Chachi and tell her you're staying with us.' She then looked at Manik and said, 'Manik, take her to your room.'

Listening to this, Nandini's heart did a happy dance as she could see her plan succeeding. But she struggled to maintain a poker face. Afterall, how can Nandini Murthy agree to such a proposal! This thought itself made her cringe at the irony. What had become of her!! Courtesy Manik Malhotra.

She shook her head as everyone moved away to make way for her to go to Manik's room. 'No, no, its okay. I should go home. I'm fine. I'll manage,' she said making sure that her expressions give the impression of the exact opposite of her words. Navya was the one this time to support Mukti. She said, 'Arrey, how come? You're not going anywhere. If you won't call your Chachi, then I will. Give me your phone.' She stretched out her hand asking for Nandini's phone. 'No, its......' She bagan again but was interrupted. This time by Manik himself.

'Nandini. You're going to the room on your own or should I pick you up?', Manik said in a tone that said that he meant every word of it. Nandini's face immediately turned red and she moved away from him shouting, 'No!', as she knew he wouldn't think twice before lifting her infront of everyone. She looked at his face and found him looking at her with an expression challenging her to go against him.

She stuttered and said, 'N..No.., I mean.... Yes! I'm going,' and she turned and went towards the stairs. Finally, her plan was succeeding. But then she saw Navya following her. She widened her eyes seeing this. No! She has to leave! Not only her, everyone has to leave! How else was she supposed to execute her plan!