Ch- 9- What should we do?

Previously known as Ky2S2: A Fan's Version
Have changed the name of the book, the book cover and my username. So don't get scared upon getting this notification😆.

Recap - Malhotra's throw a party to welcome back Manik, which is gate-crashed by Nyonika. Manik and Nyonika have a face-off after Manik comes to know that she was behind his and Cabir's accident. He makes her leave and locks himself in a room and starts breaking everything, making everyone worried. They call off the party and call a doctor for Manik after he suddenly falls silent in his room, expecting the worse. When the locked room finally opens by a spare key, everyone is shocked by what they see inside the room.

____________________________________________________________

Continued...

Her heart stopped beating at the sight in front of her. In the middle of all the broken objects on the floor was Manik lying lifeless. It felt to her as if her feet had been frozen to the spot. Her heart felt heavy as even the simple act of breathing, seemed to be a Herculean task to her in that moment. 

Everybody rushed to Manik, who was lying on the floor and called out to him, trying to wake him up. Finally, finding her voice, Nandini too rushed to Manik. Shaking him, she said, 'Manik, open your eyes, please! Manik!'

But all their efforts were in vain. Dhruv and Aryaman carried him to the bed. They waited for the doctor to arrive. Every single minute of the wait was proving to be a  test of their patience. Manik lied unconscious on the bed, with Nandini, Mukti and Alya rubbing his hands and feet trying to make him wake up. That, too was unsuccessful. Nandini was panicking more and more as time went by.

Finally, their wait was over as Adil, the doctor arrived. Mukti and Alya moved away from the bed making way for him to examine Manik. He sat on one side of the bed with Nandini sitting on the other side. First of all Adil checked Manik's pulse and body temperature. Since he knew about Manik's accident, it didn't take him long to understand the reason behind his condition. He gave Manik an injection and turned to face the rest who were waiting with bated breaths to know how Manik was.

'What? What's wrong? Speak up!', Mukti asked impatiently.

Adil took a look of everyone in the room and also the mess that the room was in. Srikant too spoke up, asking worriedly, 'What happened Adil? How is Manik? Will he be fine?'

Adil inspected the damage caused in the room and asked, 'Manik did this?'

Dhruv answered this question saying, 'Unfortunately, yes. But will he be okay?'

Adil gave a final glance at the broken remains of vases, show pieces and other things on the floor. Turning his attention to the people present in the room, he said, 'He should be.'

Mukti said a little angrily, 'Should be? What do you mean by should be?'

Seeing her getting angry, Navya tried to calm her by saying, 'Mukti, stay calm. Anger is not the solution to this.'

Adil glanced at Mukti and then looking back at Srikant, he said, 'You all know very well about his condition. Mental stress was strictly not allowed. Looking at the condition of this room, I can only guess the extent of his emotional outburst. What could get him so riled up anyway? If you don't mind telling me.'

Srikant looked at the unconscious figure of his son on the bed and then looked down sighing. He then said looking back at Adil, 'He came to know that it was his..... mother..... who was.... behind his accident. They don't really share the most ...... cordial relation in this world, you see.'

Adil was, no doubt, shocked to hear this. His shock could be seen on his face and the next words that he uttered were, 'What!! His mother!! How could any mother do that??!!'