CHAPTER ONE - INTRO

"Rise and shine."

The darkness that I was so familiar with vanished in the blink of an eye and the silence was replaced with a masculine voice. Unable to speak or make out my strange surroundings, I sat there, confused.

"Are you deaf? I said get up!" This time, the masculine voice roared, and my body jumped in response to its tone. "Get up now, or I'll pick you up!" The blurry figure standing in the doorway flicked the lights off and then on several times, causing more pain to my sensitive eyes. Although my ears were practically numb from the torturous sounds the man directed at me, they understood that I was being asked to do something.

Eventually, I stood up.

Then, my clothes were stripped off. For some reason (that I couldn't quite remember), I particularly didn't enjoy them taking my sneakers. I was thrown into an icy shower and hurriedly dressed in uncomfortable clothes, the whole time being recklessly tossed around between scary men and women. And all of this so that I could sit amongst a group of other girls who were just like me, all pampered up and, as everyone said, 'ready to go'.

"Where are we?" I whispered to a jittery girl sitting next to me.

She shook her head. "None of us know. We just woke up here."

"Well, do you know what they plan on doing to us?"

Another girl across from me hissed, "We're all clueless, just like you."

I averted my gaze to a man cautiously guarding a set of doors. Maybe if my heart could stop pounding in my chest and my body stopped shaking, I could plan an escape. The girls were one by one dragged out of this stress-filled air until the small room consisted of only me and four others.

"And for our next item," a speaker sounded from the other side of the doors, "I present to you Sanja, one of the rarest deals you'll ever get."