CHAPTER THREE- Here you go

The lights suddenly flickered off, shrinking the dark room to a box. A strong hand firmly gripped my arm and began dragging me off-stage. For a second, I thought about fighting back. But as much as I longed to resist, my body didn't have the slightest energy, and my mind once again disagreed with my foolish decisions.

The cold hands belonged to a very bulky man who could most definitively out-power me in the blink of an eye, "She looks more than just drugged! We can't present her to her owner like this." He talked fast in an anxious voice.

By now, I was surrounded by many different women, each and every one inspecting my numbed body. They started poking at me, massaging certain parts of my skin, and forcing some kind of remedy down my dry throat.

"Enough, he's getting impatient." The same man once again interrupted them, focusing his gaze on me, "Follow me."

*

Every time my bare feet hit the ground, a stinging pain shot through my calves. Each step was so painful and irritating to the point it felt like I was walking on thorns. The same man that once dragged me by my arm was now dragging me by a collar. He moved fast, the pain from my feet rising up to my legs at each contact with the marble flooring. I wondered if I would make it to the next hallway. Before I knew it, the dark, damp, and cold hallway was replaced with a plush carpet. I arose my gaze to focus on the dramatic change of scenery. I was now in a beautifully decorated and very welcoming room surrounded by many well-dressed men and women. Even though my surroundings appeared warm and friendly, deep down inside me I knew something was exasperatedly wrong.

A sudden tug on my leash had me panicking as I forced my previous thoughts to the back of my head. I scurried after him in concern, quickly catching up and pausing as he suddenly stopped dead in his tracks.

"Here you go, sir."

My weary eyes followed the man's fingers as he handed over the end of my leash to another set of hands. I traced the outlines of the unknown palms all the way up to a face; My eyes widened in surprise.

I stood there, unable to move, unable to act.

The man standing in front of me viciously tugged on the piece of string, pulling me forward as I gasped for air. I staggered closer to him until he released the leach and my airflow wasn't completely cut off. I looked up at him, wanting to warn him that I was pissed off by his last antic, but his eyes were already roaming around my body—I suddenly remembered I was wearing nothing but lingerie, and my heart started to race.

His brown orbs shifted to my face, almost like he was searching for flaws. My palms were sweating; I was terrified. I shifted my gaze to the ground, too intimidated by the amount of power radiating off of him.

"Sanja." My whole body tensed at the mention of my name. It sounded so unfamiliar coming from his tongue, so distant it almost didn't feel like it was mine. "It's a good name for a blood bag."

I almost reacted, but he was quicker than me. His hands tugged on my leash, pulling me after him as he strode out of the building. If my body wasn't so incapable and drugged I would've torn the string of fabric into two and ripped this collar off. Not only was I incapable, but this man was also fast.

An overwhelming feeling of dread crept over me as I was tossed into the back of a grey SUV. As the door was shut behind me, and the car started off, I began to think really hard. What on earth is going on?

I finally decided to ask the driver for help. "Excuse me," I whispered, testing the strength in my voice, "excuse me." The driver didn't budge and just kept obnoxiously turning the wheel right and then left. "Hello? Excuse me."

It took me time to realize there was some kind of glass wall between me and the front of the van, but once I finally did, I felt more stupid than ever. As I sat there, fear swirling around in my stomach, I wondered what was happening to me. I had just woken up in a dark room, been tossed onto some sort of stage, then supposedly been bought. Was I being trafficked? By who? I didn't recall getting kidnapped.

What in the world was going on?