CHAPTER SIX- A drink of blood

The child stood there, watching my much bigger frame twist in pain and angst. A flash of light that I associated with death reasoned through me, my inner self almost giving up. Was he ever going to stop?

The pain inched all the way up my body, slowly penetrating my arms and neck. My fingers began to twitch as my hands shook furiously.

Out of nowhere, white smoke appeared, slightly tincturing the whole floor. Estimating it was only my fading vision, I dramatically took one last needed breath, closed my eyes, tried to ignore the horrid pain, and eventually blacked out, leaving the devil himself to torture my body.

*

I awoke once more with a deafening scream, jumping out of a familiar bed like It was infested with snakes.

Oh my god! I'm going crazy. Panic settled in as I uncontrollably panted. I furiously ran around in circles checking the door that was still locked, investigating the windows that had been chained together, and looking for the missing bedside balloon clock.

Had I imagined it? But the pain-

It took time for my breathing to straighten out, but once it did, I began inspecting my body. Numerous bruises were found on my knees, knuckles, and ankles. There were scratches around my calves but the worst part was the stinging red patch that covered my stomach. Each time I touched it I felt a burning sensation run through my whole body.

I tried reminiscing about what had previously happened to me and then started thinking about my runaway chances. I couldn't afford to stay here much longer. Who knew what this crazy family would do to me?

The door wasn't an option since it was locked, I barely knew my kidnapper's house, and he just happened to be faster than me. But the windows were likewise locked with a heavy set of chains. And the more I tried to break them and pick the lock, the harder it got.

On the other hand, my head was a perfect match to the howling storm outside the window. The abundant drops of rain crashed against the ground as thunder sounded throughout the grey sky. Even the sun cowered behind a dense layer of cloud, giving the air that tincture I associate with a world before a hurricane.

Escaping now felt impossible and pointless. And so I decided to wait, hopeful that the right time would eventually come.

*

Weeks had passed and I surprisingly still hadn't budged. However, unlike me, the outside weather had gone from dark grey to light blue, and from barren trees to leafy branches and beautiful flowers. The same flock of birds flew by, leaving their high-pitched chirps to echo throughout the morning sky.

My inner self still hadn't gotten over the fact I was eternally trapped here, and my hard-headedness wasn't doing any good. I had tried every possible plan I thought of, from windows to doors, and people to weapons.

"Help me get out of here or else I'll kill you!"

Chuckling, I thought of the only time I actually reached the kitchen and pulled a knife on one of the maids. Of course, she happened to be clueless about my stay, which partly relieved and discouraged me at the same time. When I finally realized she was useless I pushed her down the massive staircase and made a run for it. 

"Sanja." I immediately jumped at the sound of my name, rolling off the bed, and collapsing on the hard timber flooring. After quickly regaining consciousness I peered up in the direction of the wooden door.

"Answer me when I call you." He said, looking me right in the eyes. His cold voice indicated he wasn't messing around. I could tell something had changed—he appeared stronger, more powerful, more demanding.

I broke our eye contact and lowered my head, not giving him an answer.

"You're disobedient to the point where it's almost irritating." I could promise he chuckled, but before I was able to process anything, he was henceforth kneeling down in front of me, inches away from my face. I gasped at his overwhelming presence.

"You want me to punish you, don't you?" He lifted his hand to my chin, tilting my face up to meet his.

"I want to leave," I grumbled, staring right into his brown orbs. His lips slightly curved upwards, satisfaction was written all over them. I was taken aback by his reaction, and I suddenly remembered I was the powerless one here, and that I needed to behave in order to make it out alive. "Or at least tell me why I'm here," I paused, "please."

His fingers dropped my chin as his whole body leaned in on my ear. He uttered: "You're here to entertain me. You're also here because I bought you, human." His breaths crashed against my earlobe and something in me jumped. I scrunched my face up, crinkling my nose as I barely fought the urge of screaming. "Stop talking to me like you're superior or something!"

"Am I not superior?"

"No."

"Are you not scared of me?"

"No." 

He smiled, "Then how come every time I approach you," his hand was on my leg, slowly moving upwards—he was trying to scare me, "your little heart starts racing a million miles a minute?"

"Please stop talking and acting like you're a vampire."

"If I'm not a vampire, what am I?"

"All I know is that you're a criminal and once I get out of here you're gonna pay for trafficking me!"

"How terrifying." There was a smile along with a moment of reflection taunting him, his eyes searching my face for an answer. He removed his hand from my leg. "Then I guess I'll make good use of my purchase."

Time froze around us. Time froze around me. The minutes my brain took to process what was going on was the moment he had already pinned me to the ground. Trying to escape his iron grip was like trying to push a truck up a hill—it was impossible.

His hand held mine above my head, incapacitating me to fight back. My eyes caught a glimpse of his other arm moving towards my shirt's strap. I squirmed as much as I could and yelled as much as I could but to no avail.

He pulled it down, revealing my shoulder and collarbone, "I might just get carried away."

I stared at him in terror, "S-Stop! What are you doing!" The last sounds from my beg turned into a yell as my skin felt two sharp objects penetrate it.

Everything around me took on different shapes and sizes, my head spun uncontrollably. An antagonizing pain arose in my neck to the point I couldn't even cry. My hands shook furiously in an attempt to break free from his trap.

What in the world was going on? Was he drinking my blood?!

The terror swirling inside of me erupted, causing my vision to blur. I couldn't black out once more, I had to fight back. I had to prove myself. But as much as I wanted to my thoughts couldn't overpower my incapable body, so I lay there, feeling my blood fly out of my neck and into his mouth. Before I completely lost it, I whispered through clenched teeth: "Please."

And that's when I felt a smile against my neck followed by the withdrawal of two pointy fangs.

---

Next chapter will be longer.

Thank you and please don't forget to reach for the stars! ;)