Overstepping The Boundaries

~Tanner~

I didn't want to let him go, but I knew he had a class soon... 'cause I was in it, too. It wasn't that I stalked him, but I knew he was an English professor and when I looked up classes online, his name came up as teaching almost every single one of them. When he moved to release me, I hesitantly let him go, stepping back just in case, so my hands would keep to themselves.

"I will try my best to keep myself in check," I said with a determined tone. I was going to keep speaking, but before I could continue, I had to sort out my human thoughts from my wolf's, not wanting to make a stupid comment and screw up the one chance I was being given.

"You...are the alpha for this territory...and I will not...challenge you...again."

Damn, that was harder than it should have been to get out of my mouth. At least it put a smile on his face, though. I quickly mirrored the smile before realizing something.

"Oh crap, my clothes are in my car and I'm soaked."

And class is in fifteen minutes.

"Here."

I had already turned to run out of the room but quickly skidded to a halt when he spoke. When I turned back around, he was holding up an outfit.

"I've got an extra set," he said with a smirk, no doubt grinning at my surprised expression.

"Oh... thanks."

I took the clothes and bit my lip to keep my focus away from the strong scent he left on the items. My wolf wanted to smell them, then roll all over them to get his scent on myself. Doubt he'd appreciate that, though, since wolf hair was beyond annoying to get off of clothing. The sound of Cole clearing his throat had me quickly darting into a stall to dry off with a towel the gym provided, then change. I had the clothing on a minute later, but when I found a tie folded up in the shirt, I had a feeling Cole would be digging through his bag any moment now to try to find it.

Surely enough, when I walked out of the stall, he was wearing a pair of tan slacks and a white shirt that was dangerously unbuttoned, digging through his duffle. His damp hair swayed in front of his forehead, making my stomach twist into all sorts of shapes. Before my wolf made me do something stupid, I walked over and knelt down beside Cole, then carefully looped the tie around his neck before trying to knot it. My fingers brushed against his hair on more than one occasion, making it hard for me to concentrate on the task, which I'd only just learned recently.

Hmmm, he let it get a little longer...

I hadn't realized my fingers were tugging at the ends of his hair until he stood up and swung his duffle bag over his shoulder.

"I need to get to class," he mumbled, looking just about anywhere besides at me.

Crap.

"A-Ah, me too. If I'm late, the teacher might make me eat broccoli," I joked, trying to lighten the suddenly awkward mood before hurrying out of the locker room.

~Cole~

Walking into class ten minutes later I noticed that my tie wasn't tied correctly and judging from the odd breeze I felt on my chest, I'd likely buttoned my shirt wrong. Darn it. Whispers started up quickly as I fiddled with the buttons, then quickly got my tie straightened out. Alright, now that that was done.

"Alright class, my name is Mr. Moon, and I'll be teaching your English Lit and Poetry II class. Since you've all tested into this class or have had previous ones as prerequisites, we will be jumping straight into assignments."