Bending The Rules

honestly wasn't expecting anyone to come after making a fool of myself at the university, but when the door swung open and Cole stood there nearly completely naked, I had a feeling I was going to be dealing with some sort of trap. The man only had on a pair of boxers for god's sakes. Thankfully there was a glass door between us, or I'd be in big trouble again.

"H-Hi..." I stuttered, trying to force my eyes from dropping into dangerous territory.

"Shift."

"Wha...?"

Surprise slipped into my voice as my eyes widened.

"Shift. If you want to come in, you'll do everything I say without arguing."

I began to open my mouth to retort, but his glare told me that the order had already been given and if it wasn't followed, I left. Without another word, I tugged off my—well, his—clothing, and dropped down onto my paws.

"Sit."

Dun wanna.

Wait. I hadn't meant to say that. Darn, stupid wolf, I thought to myself as I watched Cole turn around without another word and slam the door in my face. Well, crap.

It was at least an hour later when the door opened again. I lifted my head and gave a quiet whine, but didn't move to get up from where I had laid down. He was still just wearing boxers, but I did my best to ignore that part as he walked out and knelt beside me.

"Stay."

His hands began moving over my wolf's body, touching its shoulders, legs, then running down its back. My wolf had dreamed about those hands on him but only in submissive strokes. What Cole was doing, though, was one hundred percent dominant. I kept telling my wolf to submit and cooed within my head that if he wanted his mate, he needed to do this without any protest. It took a few minutes, but I slowly managed to coax him to roll onto his side. I knew I wouldn't get him on his back, especially with how dominant Cole was being, but at least this was progress. Cole's hands wandered down near my abdomen, making me flinch and my wolf lift its upper lip slightly.

"Good boy."

The second he lifted his hands off of me, I sighed with relief and began getting up. A rumbling growl immediately had me dropping back down to my belly and rolling onto my side. Shit. This submitting thing is hard when I have to do it myself.

I watched him turn and open the screen door, then look down at me and nod.

"You may get up and follow me inside. You may not walk in front of me. If you do, you will be crated. If this rule is not to your liking, you may leave now."

I wanted to growl and throw a fit but dammit. He was in his boxers and I wanted to be near him. To say the least...Thus, I bit my tongue and waited for him to go inside before I quickly followed. Walking at someone's heels while in my wolf form, or at all in general, really sucked. We calmly managed to walk into the living room and...wait.

Wait a second...

What was that...on the floor...?

Was that...

Oh my gosh! Peanut budder!

I bolted for the deliciousness only to be grabbed by the scruff and thrown into a crate seconds later. Ah! I didn't even get a lick of the peanut budder. The steel door was latched shut as I turned and whined at Cole.

That wasn't fair. You tricked me.

"I didn't do anything. You disobeyed a direct command."